Global City Travel
Detailed and comparable inbound and outbound travel data for 300 cities around the world, representing more than 80% of global air travel.
Global City Travel (GCT) is a proprietary database providing reliable, timely, and detailed international travel intelligence for 300 cities around the world. This unique service has been developed using a combination of inputs to provide the most accurate view of city-level travel ever produced. The database allows clients to quickly benchmark competitive cities and track market performance over time to inform global market strategies.
What the service includes
- Extensive databank. Comparable analysis for 300 cities spanning 80 countries, providing market detail for departures and arrivals, including origin-destination visits, and nights. Detail is provided for both inbound and outbound travel across all cities along with headline economic indicators.
- In-depth historical data, forecasts and regular updates. Data starts in 2000 and is forecast ten years into the future based on the Oxford Economics economic outlook—the most widely used global economic model in the world. The database is updated every six months.
Software and support
- Robust methodology. The databank is based on vast, complementary data sets including official statistics, air passenger flows, hotel room demand, economic, and demographic data by city.
- Advanced analytical functions. Our web-based databank allows users to quickly build custom queries with complete flexibility and visualize the data in tables, charts, and maps. Searches can be saved for future reference and downloaded quickly to Excel and Adobe formats, and even shown on a heat map.
- Economist support. We provide full client support to answer questions about our data or forecasts.
Global City Travel provides hundreds of indicators for each of the 300 destinations, including:
- Total overnight visits and nights
- Measurement of visits and nights
- Number of departures
- Total inbound/outbound travel spending
- Top line economic and demographic indicators
Request a free trial
Please fill out the form below, and we will be in touch.