Mitigation of risks
Our deep and wide range of knowledge across geographies, sectors and global issues, combined with our economic models and analytical capabilities, gives us an unparalleled ability to identify and anticipate emerging risks (economic, political, sovereign, social, climate-related, technological) and help organisations understand their potential impact.
Questions We Can Help You Answer
Economic and regulatory change is relentless. How can I measure it and mitigate its impact on my business?
How can I protect my business from the impacts of climate change?
How can I stress test my corporate planning and quantify the impact of different risk scenarios?
What new opportunities might there be if I develop an effective risk mitigation strategy?
Develop effective strategies
Risk identification and mitigation can be daunting. So, not only do we help clients identify risks, we work with them to understand the severity of those risks for their business to enable them to develop risk mitigation strategies to manage, eliminate or reduce the risk to an acceptable level.
Identifying and quantifying risks to your markets
- Identify and anticipate emerging risks (economic, political, social, climate-related, technological) and quantify their severity.
- Use our forecast data as a baseline for your business, and then apply a range of top-down scenarios and stress tests.
- Analyse risks by feeding Oxford Economics’ data into your internal planning models, and prioritise and build mitigation strategies based on the impact on your business.
- Use our databank reporting to evaluate market risk insights.
- Use our historical data to develop internal forecasts.
Out of risk mitigation comes opportunities
A risk-informed strategy is a source of competitive advantage:
- Understand how trends and market growth trajectories may have changed.
- Feed data into your internal databank and evaluate new opportunities for your business.
- Use our forecasts to compare against your competitors.
- Use our databanks to identify new or existing gaps within your sector.
- Develop informed decisions and execute effective planning on corporate location, capital investment, marketing strategy, communications, financing etc.
Analysing alternative scenarios
- Construct a robust and transparent scenario framework to explore the impact of a new strategy, policy, or investment opportunity on your business.
- Run scenarios, assimilate information from reports/databanks to feed your models.
- Evaluate specific scenarios that impact your sector.
- Utilise our feeds and updates to inform your wider business and drive strategy across your firm.
Global Scenarios Service
Explore the implications of key risks to the world economy.Find Out More
Global Economic Model
Our Global Economic Model provides a rigorous and consistent structure for forecasting and testing scenarios.Find Out More
Economic and Political Risk Evaluator
A framework for assessing economic and geopolitical risks.Find Out More
Global Risk Service
A suite of data-driven and forward-looking tools that provide an objective and transparent measure of risk.Find Out More
Bespoke Business Forecasting
We are here to support your corporate planning and strategic decision making with customised solutions that are tailored to your requirements.Find Out More
Quantifying the impact of policy changes and other risk events on industrial sectors.Find Out More
Impact of COVID-19 on the red meat processing industry
The report stated that the industry not only dealt with the pandemic within processing plants themselves, but it also dealt with logistical and labour supply shocks. The skill and flexibility of the meat processing industry was a contributing factor for the pandemic creating only modest impacts on industry revenues.
“To our knowledge the most robust, comprehensive, and timely world macroeconomic model is the Oxford Economics model. We tested multiple world models in 2011, Oxford towered above the competition. Bottom line, the Oxford Economics model is a mission-critical tool. Customer support and training is extensive, and the billing process is dramatically less painful compared to our other vendors.”
Resources and Events
What Could Cause the ‘Magnificent Seven’ Stocks Bubble to Burst?
Commodity markets shrug off Red Sea attacks
Long run drivers of EM convergence | Beyond the Headlines
Names will never hurt me –EM monetary credibility remains intact
Global Scenarios: Inflation Victory?
Asia’s medium term growth outlook and its implications for major cities
A health-check on China’s real estate and construction industries: Are we still on life support?
The mitigating circumstances around EM public debt threats
Cloud’s next leap: How to create transformational business value
Whatever your specific needs, if you would like to learn more about how our services can help you identify, quantify and prepare for the risks (and opportunities) in your market, please fill in the form.
A member of the team will be in touch.