The Economic and Political Risk Evaluator (EPRE) forecasts economic and geopolitical risks in 164 countries through regularly updated country risk scores, in-depth country profiles, event-driven analysis, and an intuitive dashboard.
Global risk coverage
Profiles and ratings for 164 countries, weighting political, economic, business and security factors.
Economic forecasts and briefings
Access to reports and forecast data for 200 countries, with event-driven briefings.
Political, regulatory, and operational analysis
Analysis of political events from partners networks to monitor impact of political and operational issues.
Visualisation and custom ratings
Adjust weightings for each risk factor to fit your views or compare scores.
The risks we analyse
The Economic and Political Risk Evaluator covers 11 risk variables that are the most relevant for assessing political and economic risk.
Economic and financial
- Sovereign risk: the risk that a government will default on its debt.
- Exchange rate risk: the risk of a significant movement in the exchange rate.
- Trade credit: the risk that a trading partner will not pay its obligation.
- Political stability: the stability of the current government and the overall political system.
- Ideology and policy: ideological and policy orientation of the current and future government.
- International relations: with neighbours, trade partners, and the international community.
Business and market
- Business environment: risks relating to the influence of societal and structural factors on business activity, including state and non-state actions.
- Operating cost: the risk that operating costs rise faster than recent trends.
- Market demand: the risk that market demand could be significantly different to recent trends.
Security and social cohesion
- Security environment: the outlook for the domestic security environment – encompassing war, crime, violent unrest, terrorism, insurgency, and other security issues.
- Social cohesion: the outlook for social stability, the prospect of social unrest, and the significance of sociocultural issues to policy making.
Economic and Political Risk Evaluator
Download the full brochure to learn more about this service.
“Oxford Economics’ data and forecasts form the backbone of our demand models. The global consistency and granular detail available in their expansive dataset allows us to focus on the variables most relevant to our business.”
Resources and events
Key Construction Themes 2023 Revisited
In The Media
CNBC: Geopolitical risks are a top global threat to businesses, survey finds
Businesses now see geopolitical tensions as key global threat
Eurozone bank profits surge, but doubts about the outlook remain
Air travel recovery to resume in 2022 post-Omicron
UK Outlook: How many times will the MPC hike in 2022?
Has Asia’s inflation peaked?
The transformation of Japan from a goods to capital exporter
Global Macro Service Brochure
Request a Free Trial
Complete the form below and we will contact you to set up your free trial. Please note that trials are only available for qualified users.
We are committed to protecting your right to privacy and ensuring the privacy and security of your personal information. We will not share your personal information with other individuals or organisations without your permission.
FX Risk Tool
A rigorous and transparent framework to measure the risk of a sharp currency depreciation.Find Out More
Sovereign Risk Tool
Measures and forecasts the vulnerability of 166 countries to a sovereign crisis or a sovereign distress.Find Out More
Global Macro Service
Monitor macro events and their potential impact.Find Out More