Economic and political risk profiles and ratings for 164 countries, weighting key political, economic, business and security factors for each country, with 5-year trends
Economic and Political Risk Evaluator
A framework for forecasting economic and geopolitical risks
The Economic and Political Risk Evaluator forecasts economic and geopolitical risks in 164 countries through regularly updated ratings, in-depth profiles, and event-driven updates. Designed and delivered by a joint venture with Control Risks, the leading political, security and integrity risk consultancy, the service employs advanced visualisation tools, and can be customised to fit an organisation’s own risk profile.
To help you anticipate and deal with emerging risks, the service provides comparable country risk rankings and profiles for each country by analysing 11 political, economic, business, and security factors, as well as access to a portfolio of research tools, including research briefings and alerts on emerging issues, country forecast reports, event-driven political, operational, and regulatory analysis, and forecast data for more than 200 countries.
What the Service Includes
Access to a full set of reports and forecast data for 200 countries, with even-driven briefings
Analysis of political events from Control Risks’ global network to monitor the impact of political and operational issues in 200 countries
Adjust the weightings for individual risk factors to fit your unique view of risks, compare countries, create portfolios, or view scores on an interactive map
Our models, forecasts, and datasets can be customised to fit the unique needs of your organisation. Learn more.
The service covers 11 variables that are the most relevant for assessing political and economic risk:
Economic and financial
- Sovereign: the risk that a government will default on its debt.
- Exchange rate: the risk of a significant movement in the exchange rate.
- Trade credit: the risk that a trading partner will not pay its obligation.
- Political stability: the stability of the current government and the overall political system.
- Ideology and policy: ideological and policy orientation of the current and future government.
- International relations: with neighbours, trade partners, and the international community.
Business and market
- Business environment: risks relating to the influence of societal and structural factors on business activity, including state and non-state actions.
- Operating cost: the risk that operating costs rise faster than recent trends.
- Market demand: the risk that market demand could be significantly different to recent trends.
Security and social cohesion
- Security environment: the outlook for the domestic security environment - encompassing war, crime, violent unrest, terrorism, insurgency, and other security issues.
- Social cohesion: the outlook for social stability, the prospect of social unrest, and the significance of sociocultural issues to policy making.
In this joint venture, Control Risks, a firm with more than 40 years of experience in political, security, and integrity risk, works with Oxford Economics and our in-house global forecasting and modelling capabilities on over 200 countries, 100 industries, and 4,000 cities and regional locations.
Together, we present an unparalleled network of over 200 geopolitical and economic experts around the world, providing on-the-ground, in-country experience and expertise. Our work reaches beyond open source information to provide customers with insights that rivals cannot attain.
Request a free trial
Please fill out the form below, and we will be in touch.