Bespoke Business Forecasting
Oxford Economics - your partner for corporate planning and strategy support. Helping you answer your key business questions through customised solutions.
“How do my sales correlate to economic trends?”, “What is my market size in 5, 10 years’ time?” “What markets should I invest in?” and "How can I unlock the hidden potential within my business?" are critical questions you might face.
We support you in answering these, and other, questions through our customised solutions that are tailored to your requirements. Find out more about how we can support you below.
What will my market size be in the next 5 to 10 years?
Key business planning decisions are dependent on the expected growth of your company. We support you in spotting your next opportunity for growth and identifying key risks through:
- Forecasting Your Sales - creation of a tailored forecast model which is specific to your business to help you benchmark and forecast sales performance in your markets. Using correlation analysis, we can help you to understand the relationship between key economic drivers and business performance.
- Long Term Planning - informing you of the long-term economic outlook for your business to support future thinking and planning. Horizon scanning can be extended as far as 2050.
- Market Demand Models - analysis of your end-use sectors and their expected demand. Coverage can include demand analysis of over 100 industrial sectors and 7,000 cities and regions.
What markets should I invest in?
Whether growing organically or through acquisition strategy, large capital investments carry their own risks and understanding how economic fundamentals related to your business are going to shift can be priceless.
- New Market Evaluation - identify the prime location(s) that would provide the most opportunity for your business to grow. Outputs help to inform location strategy plans and investment strategies.
- Scenario Planning - understand the impact of economic risks on your investment strategy. In collaboration with you, we create scenarios that are specific to your business which inform you of the potential impact they could have on your national, city and regional markets.
How will alternative scenarios affect my business?
Understanding the effect of economic headwinds such as Brexit, a global recession and the US-China trade war can be difficult. We work with you to build custom scenarios that quantify the impact of risks on your business, markets and sectors.
This can include stress testing your business to assess the impact of future trends and, in turn, evaluate the strategic directions that might be considered. Examples include changing consumer habits, mapping the future geography of the middle class and analysing the impact of policy changes.
Recent scenarios we have explored include:
- How does a No-deal Brexit impact my company?
- What effect will an escalating trade war have on my business?
- How will a US recession hit the global economy?
- What is the impact of a protracted Eurozone slowdown?
What economic and political risks does my business face?
Hot topics such as the Middle East political crisis, Brexit and Trump can have a relatively quick impact on your business outlook and can be difficult to quantify. To help make sense we produce:
- Business Specific Reports - tailored business reports which are updated frequently that evaluate the latest market intelligence and communicate its potential impact on business performance.
- Deep Dive Market Reports - business and industry-specific reports focusing on future market demand, policy issue or emerging risk of your choice.
- Risk Assessment - quantify the effects that economic, political and financial risks could have on your business. In collaboration with you, we create scenarios that are specific to your business which inform you of the potential impact they could have on your national, industry and city markets.
About Oxford Economics
As a world leader in economic forecasting, Oxford Economics has worked with clients around the world to create a complete solution that provides rigorous analysis of the key economic trends affecting your business.
Our unique Global Economic Model and over 250 economists provide the basis for expert and rigorous analysis that can be relied upon by your business to test the robustness of business plans through horizon scanning exercises, location planning and conducting scenario analysis.
Clients include: Rolls-Royce, Ford, GM, GE, Tata Steel, Apple, Unilever, Coca-Cola, Diageo, IBM, Google, John Lewis, Amazon, Huawei Technologies, AT&T, Anglo American, Rio Tinto, BASF, BP, Shell, Huntsman, Akzo Nobel, International Paper