Measuring global threats and their impact on your business
The Global Scenarios Service employs our Global Economic Model to explore the implications of key risks to the world economy. Every quarter, our economists analyse at least four potential global scenarios and their impact, including the effects on our baseline forecast, two downside risks and one upside trend.
Clients receive a written report describing the features of the baseline forecast and of each of the five-year scenarios, accompanied by the headline results. In addition, we supply an Excel file that shows both the quarterly and annual results for a range of variables for each of 46 countries plus the Eurozone and the World as a whole. To ensure the scenarios are tailored to your needs, you can suggest upcoming simulations and speak directly with our economists.
What the service includes
- Quarterly updated baseline forecast, plus one upside and two downside scenarios quantifying the impact of key risks and opportunities for the world economy over the next five years.
- Five-year forecasts and scenarios will be shown for each of 45 individual economies, covering the developed world, plus the Eurozone and world aggregates (such as trading blocs).
- The forecasts cover key variables for output, spending, employment, inflation, interest rates, balance of payments and government finances. The forecasts also show projected rates for the US dollar, the euro, sterling and the yen.
- A written report describes the baseline forecast and how each scenario develops, together with the headline results.
- Detailed Excel spreadsheets present quarterly and annual data for each variable for each country.
- Quarterly updates assure the timeliness and relevance of the scenarios.