Asian Cities and Regional Forecasts
Regularly updated forecasts for 42 important locations across Asia Pacific
About the Asian Cities and Regions Service
The fastest-growing region in the world, Asia Pacific is also one of the trickiest areas to find reliable data and forecasts on a sub-regional basis. This unparalleled forecasting service provides regularly-updated annual forecasts for key economic, labour market, and industry variables for 42 cities and regions in the region.
Our forecasts provide economic and demographic projections to 2030 that are consistent with our global economic and industry views. The service also comes with access to our Asian regional economists.
- Forecasts for 47 cities and sub regions in Asia Pacific. The service provides rigorous data and forecasts to 2035 for locations chosen because of the level of their investment and trade opportunities.
- Deep analysis by location. Consistent annual data and forecasts for total output and employment, as well as for sectors, population, labour force, unemployment, household income, and spending for each location, subject to data availability.
- Regular updates. To ensure you have the latest information for these dynamic and rapidly changing markets, we update our forecasts on an quarterly basis.
Software and support
- Methodology reports. Explains data sources, urban definitions, forecast methods, and approaches to estimate and fill missing data, as well as to outline the linkages to the Oxford Economics Global Economic Model.
- Advanced analytical functions. Our web-based databank allows users to quickly build custom queries with complete flexibility and view the data in tables, charts, and maps. Numbers may be represented as absolutes, percentages, and even differences between time periods. All data are annotated by source, date of update, and analyst. Searches can be saved for later reference and downloaded to Excel.
- Economist support. We provide full client support to answer questions about our data or forecasts.