Our China Cities Service provides quarterly updated data and long-term forecasts for 286 cities and all provinces in China.
In-depth data for cities and provinces
Historic data and long-term forecasts to 2050 for key economic, demographic and industry variables, as well as insights into evolving income and consumer spending patterns.
Detailed geographic coverage
Data and forecasts for 286 cities and 30 provinces, along with relevant national totals
Regular updates and long-term forecasts
The data, which go back at least 20 years, and out to 2050, is updated four times a year
Extensive dataset for each location
Broad range of economic, labour market, demographic, and consumer spending indicators
Data delivery is via API, data feed, spreadsheets, charts, tables, dashboards and maps
Comprehensive, in-depth economic insights
An extensive dataset is available for each location, providing measures of economic performance and underlying growth drivers
- Web-based application and add-ins. Our Global Data Workstation is a web-based application that provides various data selection, visualisation, and personalisation features. Our Excel Data Workstation is a simple but powerful add-in for accessing our data directly within Excel.
- Advanced analytical functions. Quickly build custom queries with complete flexibility and view the data in tables, charts, and maps.
- Analysis. Forecasts are accompanied by summary reports highlighting key messages.
- Better decisions, faster. Our forecasts are updated regularly and will allow you to make the best decisions.
- Confidence. Our analysis and forecasts are derived from a consistent set of global economic, industry and city models and will help you to move forward with confidence.
- Excellent customer service. We offer our clients comprehensive customer support with full access to our experienced economists and IT support team.
Indicators and geographic coverage
Indicators provided include:
- GDP by sector
- employment by sector
- population by age cohort
- income indicators
- consumer spending by product/service
Our China Cities Service covers all provinces and 286 cities. Please fill out the form below to request more information about the service and its coverage.
China Cities and Regional Forecasts
Our recently expanded China Cities Service now provides quarterly updated data and long-term forecasts for 286 cities and 30 provinces in China
“Oxford Economics’ data and forecasts form the backbone of our demand models. The global consistency and granular detail available in their expansive dataset allows us to focus on the variables most relevant to our business.”
Resources and events
Chinese city growth rates to return to trend – but with some short-term worries
Asia exports look to improve in 2022
China’s slowdown impacts APAC trade in varied ways
We forecast further recovery for APAC cities in 2022, but clearly with some big risks
Air travel recovery to resume in 2022 post-Omicron
UK Outlook: How many times will the MPC hike in 2022?
Has Asia’s inflation peaked?
The transformation of Japan from a goods to capital exporter
China key themes 2022: Easier policy amid weaker growth
Request a Free Trial
Complete the form and we will contact you to set up your free trial. Please note that trials are only available for qualified users.
We are committed to protecting your right to privacy and ensuring the privacy and security of your personal information. We will not share your personal information with other individuals or organisations without your permission.
Download the brochure for the China Cities and Regional ForecastsFind out more
Global Cities Service
Make decisions about market and investment strategies with historical data and forecasts for 900 of the world’s most important cities.Find Out More
Asian Cities and Regional Forecasts
Key economic, demographic, and income and spending projections to 2035 for more than 400 locations across Asia-Pacific.Find Out More
Economic and Political Risk Evaluator
A framework for assessing economic and geopolitical risks.Find Out More
Global Trade Flows
A comprehensive source of forecasts for world trade.Find Out More