Our European Cities and Regions Service provides detailed data and forecasts for 2,000 locations across Europe, supported by written analysis and reports for major cities. Alternative scenarios are available for cities and regions in most countries.
Insights for cities and regions
Whether you are interested in understanding the sub-national growth dynamics across Europe, or just specifically cities in some countries, we provide you with the insights you need.
Comprehensive geographical coverage
All NUTS 1, 2, and 3 regions in the EU27, Norway, Switzerland, UK, Russia and Turkey. Additional geographic granularity available in some countries.
All data, forecasts and reports are updated on a quarterly basis.
Extensive datasets for each location
Broad range of economic, labour market, demographic, and consumer spending indicators.
Historical data from 1980 where possible and forecasts out to 2040 for all locations.
Comprehensive, in-depth economic insights
An extensive dataset is available for each location, providing measures of economic performance and underlying growth drivers
- Web-based application and add-ins. Our Global Data Workstation is a web-based application that provides a variety of data selection and sharing, heatmap, visualisations, and personalisation features. Our Excel Data Workstation is a simple but powerful add-in for accessing our data directly within Excel.
- Scenario option. Alternative scenarios to the baseline forecast are available to clients who want to quantify risks to the outlook.
- Better decisions, faster. Our forecasts are regularly updated and will allow you to make the best decisions.
- Confidence. Our analysis and forecasts are derived from a consistent set of global economic, industry and city models and will help you to move forward with confidence.
- Excellent customer service. We offer our clients comprehensive customer support, with full access to our experienced economists and IT support team.
Indicators and geographic coverage
Data and forecasts are available for a comprehensive range of indicators, such as:
- GDP by sector
- Employment by sector
- Population by age cohort
- Income indicators
- Consumer spending by product/service
The service covers 2,000 regions across Europe, including major cities. Please fill out the form below to request more information about the service and its coverage.
European Cities and Regions Service
European Cities and Regions Service provides historical data and forecasts for almost 2,000 cities and regions across Europe.
“We were drawn to working with Oxford Economics for its solid reputation and the strength of its research, and we’ve been particularly impressed with your ability to present this to governments and the media – it’s the reason we’d look for future opportunities to work together.”
Resources and events
Key themes for cities in 2022
European cities short-term recovery to be followed by long-term realignments
Why Warsaw out-performs its rivals, at least for now
Rural economies: new digital technologies will not offset remoteness
Global uncertainties and the outlook for cities in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America
Which world cities will see the strongest employment growth to 2026, and why?
Key Themes for Cities in 2022
Global Cities: The urban economic landscape in 2040
European cities medium-term outlook remains stable amid rising infections
Request a Free Trial
Complete the form below and we will contact you to set up your free trial. Please note that trials are only available for qualified users.
We are committed to protecting your right to privacy and ensuring the privacy and security of your personal information. We will not share your personal information with other individuals or organisations without your permission.
European Macro Service
A complete service to help executives track, analyse and react to macro events and future trends for the European region.Find Out More
UK Region and LAD Forecasts
Regularly updated data and forecasts for UK regions and local authority districts.Find Out More
Global City Travel
Detailed and comparable inbound and outbound travel intelligence for 300+ cities globally.Find Out More
Global Macro Service
Monitor macro events and their potential impact.Find Out More
Sign up to our Resource Hub to download the latest and most popular reports.