Join the world's premier global economic consultancy
|Forecasts & Models ˇ||Economic Impact ˇ||Thought Leadership ˇ|
A leader in global forecasting and quantitative analysis, with the world’s only fully integrated economic model and more than 100 full-time economists, Oxford Economics is a trusted advisor to corporate and government decision-makers. We help our clients track, analyse, and model country, industry and urban trends around the world.
A deep portfolio of research tools to assess the impact of macro events across more than 200 countries, including regularly-updated economic briefings, forecasts, and scenarios. Find out more.
A complete industry forecasting and analysis service with continuous updates for 69 countries and 26 commodities. Find out more.
The most complete set of forecasts available for cities and sub-regions around the world. Find out more.
A full list of our subscription services
Join the world's premier global economic consultancy
Oxford Economics, the world's leading economic consultancy, is always looking for high-calibre economists, industry specialists, thought leadership editors, sales managers and software developers to join our fast-growing operations in Oxford, London, New York, Belfast, Philadelphia, and other locations around the world.
The successful candidates for economist and research positions will have at least five years' experience and be ambitious to develop their careers. Excellent analytical, quantitative and presentational skills, as well as the ability to manage large forecasting, consultancy, or thought leadership projects are essential.
As we expand our global operations, we also have positions available for sales professionals with knowledge of global economics and business, and a proven track record in selling subscription services and research.
A competitive salary package (including bonus scheme) is available. To apply, please send your CV, indicating your location preference, to: The Secretary, Oxford Economics Ltd, Abbey House, 121 St Aldates, Oxford OX1 1HB, UK (email: Maisie Matthews).
We are looking for exceptional graduates who have a first or upper-second class degree in economics or a related subject from a top university and have, or are currently studying for, a Masters degree. We will also consider applications from graduates with experience in academic research, the civil service, financial services or consultancy. Successful candidates will join our forecasting or consulting teams based in Oxford and London.
Our Graduate scheme provides comprehensive training in applying economic understanding to real world issues. You will be doing work that matters from your first week, gaining exposure to all areas of our business. After two years with Oxford Economics you will have developed the skills and experience of a professional economist. As a small but fast-growing company we can offer a flexible career path designed to suit your strengths and interests.
You will need to be a good team player with strong analytical skills, pay attention to detail and learn fast. You must be able to put together complex arguments and explain them convincingly. You should also be comfortable meeting tight deadlines and working under your own initiative. Fluency in English is essential, as is the ability to write and communicate clearly and concisely.
Our next graduate training scheme starts in September 2015. Click here for further details
Job Title - Economist
Location - Singapore
Closing date: 31 May 2015
We are looking for a high-calibre economist to join our expanding macroeconomic forecasting and consultancy team in Singapore. The ideal candidate will have a post-graduate qualification in economics. Previous work experience is not essential.
The successful candidate will assist in the production of Oxford Economics’ global macro and sectoral forecasts; prepare briefing articles on topical economic issues; develop econometric forecasting tools; undertake scenario and policy analysis, and assist the senior economists on a variety of consultancy projects.
The following skills are required for this role:
A competitive salary package (including bonus scheme) is available.
To apply, please send your CV to: Oliver Salmon, Oxford Economics, Singapore Land Tower, 37th Floor, 50 Raffles Place, Singapore 048623 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date: 31 May 2015____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Job Title - Senior Sales Representative, Impact and Cities
Location - New York
Territory - North America
Reports to - Head of Consultancy, Americas
Key relationships - Public Sector Decision-Makers; University Administrators; Economic Development Community; and industrial manufacturing clients
Respond to - email@example.com
The Oxford Economics Senior Sales Representative, Impact and Cities is responsible for building our economic impact and regional economic development business in North America and designated opportunities abroad. The focus will be on: engaging organizations, businesses in specific industries (predominately industrial manufacturing), not-for-profit associations and state/local & some federal government agencies to identify new opportunities to sell a range of consultancy capabilities that meet the unique needs of these different audiences. Impact and Cities projects include customized research/modeling, impact analysis, cost/benefit modeling, workforce analysis and economic development/corporate location strategies. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for new business sales. However, upselling and follow-on engagement will be a smaller portion of the successful candidate’s role. This position will be an integral part of Oxford Economics’ expansion and growth plans.
Sales and Client Management
· Initiate and close sales of Oxford Economics impact and cities consultancy offer
· Set up relevant sales meetings with the prospect to cultivate the relationship, identify requirements and close the sale.
· Take a consultative approach to cultivating the customer relationship and identifying customer needs.
· Design and execute a strategic plan to sell Oxford Economics’ impact and cities capabilities across North America, including all facets of prospecting: identifying key companies in the territory and key decision-makers.
· Manage relationships with existing clients in the territory to up-sell future projects, including finding other prospects within client accounts.
· Contribute to the team sales effort by working with the global sales team on multi-client studies and cross-territory sales.
· Prepare weekly sales reports to be shared with senior management.
· Manage all sales related expenses within the agreed territory
Marketing and Product Enhancements
· Provide feedback to product teams, and suggest product improvements, based on client interaction and competitor analysis.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending events and reading publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking practices with competitors; participating in professional societies.
The metrics against which the Sales Associate’s performance will be assessed include:
· Total sales revenue against targets
· The total number of monthly sales calls, and close rate
· Ability to up-sell and build relationships with key accounts
· Successfully working with the impact and cities team, and other sales people globally
Skills and Experience
· College degree highly preferred; business, economics or international affairs degrees most desirable
· Demonstrated sales track record in economic consulting, or related b2b advertising with at least 3 years of sales experience
· Contacts and experience with national associations, foundations and large corporations is preferred
· Contacts with Public Sector Decision Makers in the Infrastructure Investment, Economic Development, Workforce Development/Education, and corporate/industrial manufacturing category is also preferred
· Must have strong presentation and writing skills
· Must have experience dealing with and selling to senior executives
· Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Powerpoint, and Webex
· Must be a self-starter, with the drive to set and reach ambitious goals
· Willingness to travel throughout territory to meet clients
· Team player
· An attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary and commission scheme
· Health and dental insurance for employees and their dependents
· 4-weeks of paid holidays
· 401k plan, with matching employer contribution
· A short cover letter explaining your interest and any special situations. Please indicate a preferred start date.
· A CV or resume
· Sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT BOTH A CV/RESUME AND COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE REVIEWED