Oxford Economics, a leading global economic research and consultancy firm, is looking to hire a Business Development Manager. The main responsibility for this role will be to lead new subscription sales within an assigned territory.
This role is an integral part of Oxford’s growth plans for Canada and is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company at the forefront of the industry.
The key responsibilities within this role are as follows:
Sales & Opportunity Management
- Initiate and close sales of Oxford Economics subscription services, through in-person meetings, phone sales and conferences; the candidate should be experienced in face-to-face meetings and be willing to frequently travel within the territory in order to meet with clients and prospects
- Through market analysis, identify key companies in the territory, key individuals within companies, and establish relationships with the purpose of closing sales
- Work with Senior Executives and economists to create and execute strategies to sell Oxford Economics subscription products
- Maintain a knowledge of global economic and business trends to facilitate conversations with clients
- Create sales presentations and lead webinars and meetings with prospective clients
- Prepare weekly sales reports to be shared with senior management
- Communicate opportunities, challenges and feedback to rest of immediate team
- Ensure contact details of new leads and prospects are recorded in company CRM system
- Ensure details and outcomes from meetings and calls are recorded in company CRM system
- Record and share insight and learnings on the prospects, clients and leads and share with rest of the team
Skills and Experience: Required
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, ideally within a relevant field (economics, business, finance)
- A proven, demonstrable sales track record
- Experience selling to large corporations and government
- Experience selling business and/or economic research to a senior audience
- Willingness to travel frequently across the assigned territory to meet clients and prospects
- Must be highly organised and able to manage multiple projects at once
- Must have strong presentation and writing skills
- Must have knowledge of Salesforce, Microsoft Office
- Must be a self-starter, with the drive to set and reach ambitious goals
- Ability to speak and communicate in French will be considered an asset
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on more than 200 countries, 250 industrial sectors, and 7,000 cities and regions. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, Oxford Economics has offices across the globe in Belfast, Boston, Cape Town, Chicago, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Houston, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We employ 500 full-time staff, including more than 300 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Oxford Economics family.
Oxford Economics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by governmental or local laws.Apply now