Global Trade Flows
A comprehensive source of forecasts for world trade.
The Global Trade Flows Service draws on the firm’s forecasts of the world economy, analysing trade flows between 180 country pairs, with additional bilateral flows by product for 33 major economies.
Forecasts take into account factors such as the growth of demand in the destination market and the exporter’s competitiveness. Exports, imports, and trade balances are identified, with historical estimates and forecasts to 2040 for each country relative to all other nations in the databank. For each pair of exporting and importing countries, the service shows forecasts exports, imports, and visible trade balance.
What the service includes
- Extensive databank. Full country-to-country data for any pair of 180 countries, for example from the United States to the United Kingdom, or from Brazil to Argentina. Annual data and forecasts on bilateral trade flows and trade balances to 2040 for 180 countries, with trade by product for 33 country pairs.
- Consistent forecasts. Forecasts are produced using our Global Economic Model, the most widely-used forecasting framework. This ensures that all forecasts are consistent across countries, regions, trading blocs, and the world.
- Regular updates. Quarterly updates ensure that the data and forecasts are always up to date and consistent with our latest global economic forecasts.
Software and support
- Advanced analytical functions. Our web-based databank allows users to quickly build custom queries and view data in tables, dashboards, charts, or maps with full export as an image or to Excel.
- Economist support. We provide full client support to answer questions about our data or forecasts.
Our models, forecasts, and datasets can be customised to fit the unique needs of your organisation. Learn more.
For 180 countries, trade by partner between countries, regions, and aggregations: exports, US$; exports, % of GDP; exports, % of total exports; imports, US$; imports, % of GDP; imports, % of total imports; visible trade balance, US$; visible trade balance, % of GDP.
For 33 countries, exports to other countries of: food and live animals; beverages and tobacco; crude materials, inedible, except fuels; mineral fuels, lubricants and related materials; animal and vegetable oils, fats and waxes; chemicals and related products; manufactured goods classified chiefly by material; machinery and transport equipment; miscellaneous manufactured articles; commodities and transactions not classified elsewhere.
Request a free trial
Please fill out the form below, and we will be in touch.