African and Middle Eastern Cities Forecasts
Comprehensive data and forecasts for major cities in Africa and the Middle East.Try for free
This service allows you to measure, track and benchmark the economic performance of 102 cities in Africa and 31 key business centres in the Middle East.
In-depth insights for Africa and Middle East
Historical data and long-term forecasts to 2040 for key economic, demographic and industry variables, as well as insights into evolving income and consumer spending patterns.
Forecasts for 133 key cities across Africa and the Middle East.
Comprehensive information for each location
Data for GDP and employment by sector, population by age cohort, income, consumption and retail sales.
Historical data and long-term forecasts
The annual data generally refers back to 2000, and the forecast horizon is to 2040.
Each update includes a full refresh of historic data and incorporates our latest macro economic outlook.
Tailored economic insights
The service is available for all African and Middle Eastern cities or can be split by region.
- Web-based application and add-ins: Our Global Data Workstation is a web-based application that provides various data selection, visualisation and personalisation features. Our Excel Data Workstation is a simple but powerful add-in for accessing our data directly within Excel.
- Advanced analytical functions: Quickly build custom queries with complete flexibility and view the data in tables, charts, and maps.
- Analysis: Forecasts are accompanied by summary reports highlighting key messages.
- Excellent customer service: We offer our clients comprehensive customer support with full access to our experienced economists and IT support team.
- Confidence: Our analysis and forecasts are derived from a consistent set of global economic, industry and city models and will help you to move forward with confidence.
- Customisation: Our models, forecasts, and datasets can be customised to fit your unique needs.
Our service covers 102 cities in 49 countries in the African continent, 31 cities in 12 Middle Eastern countries, and 18 countries and 53 urban centres in North Africa and the Middle East.
Indicators provided include:
- GDP by sector
- Employment by sector
- Population by age cohort
- Income indicators
- Consumer spending by product/service
Please fill out the form below to request more information about the service and its coverage.
African and Middle Eastern Cities Forecasts
The Africa & Middle East Forecasting Service provides comprehensive analysis of immediate and long-term economic prospects to inform investment strategies, expansion plans and operations in the region. From macroeconomics down to local area analysis, the service provides historical data, forecasts and commentary by country, industry sector and city.
“We were drawn to working with Oxford Economics for its solid reputation and the strength of its research, and we’ve been particularly impressed with your ability to present this to governments and the media – it’s the reason we’d look for future opportunities to work together.”
Resources and events
Middle Eastern Cities: The long-term outlook
Global urbanisation continues, led by rapid growth in African cities
Egypt: When hot money is not so hot
Sustainability as a transformation catalyst: Trailblazers turn aspiration into action
When the taps run dry: Egypt’s susceptibility to capital outflows
Key trends for Africa in 2022
Africa going on the defence: Investments aimed at containing the ill effects of climate change
Why the Turkish lira scheme may do more harm than good
Request a Free Trial
Complete the form below and we will contact you to set up your free trial. Please note that trials are only available for qualified users.
We are committed to protecting your right to privacy and ensuring the privacy and security of your personal information. We will not share your personal information with other individuals or organisations without your permission.
Download the brochure for the African and Middle Eastern Cities ForecastsDownload
Africa Forecasting Service
Comprehensive analysis of immediate and long-term economic and political prospects to inform investment strategies, expansion and African operations through forecasts and commentary by country, industry, and city.Find Out More
MENA Forecasting Service
Monitor the implications of economic and market developments in the MENA region.Find Out More
Real Estate Forecasts and Scenarios
Understand the prospects and risks to your real estate investments by location and property type.Find Out More
Sign up to our Resource Hub to download the latest and most popular reports.