US Construction Service Brochure
Our new US construction forecasting service, created in partnership with ConstructConnect, provides a comprehensive five-year outlook for public and private construction activity in the United States. Forecasts are updated once a quarter, and cover more than 20 types of construction across residential, commercial/industrial, and infrastructure. Our forecasts are presented at the national, state, metro and county level.
- Data and forecasts for US put-in-place construction. Forecast trends for the widely-watched building activity data published each month by the US Census Bureau. Sub-national data are created from ConstructConnect’s Construction Starts.
- Granular forecast data and history. The service covers 48 individual series, with historical quarterly-frequency data back to 2007, and forecasts to a five-year horizon.
- Precise methodology. Forecasts are derived by projecting forward the construction starts forecasts from ConstructConnect’s Construction Starts forecasts. These forecasts, created with Oxford Economics, are underpinned by econometric models driven by Oxford Economics’ economic, industry, and metro forecasts.
- Regular updates. The service is updated once a quarter, drawing on our baseline macroeconomic forecasts for the US and global economies, and our global industry forecasts.
- Quarterly chartbook. Analysis of key drivers and our forecast outlook, with graphical presentation of trends presented by the data.
- Advanced analytical functions. Our web-based databank allows users to quickly build custom queries and view data in tables, dashboards, charts, or maps with full export as an image or to Excel.
- Expert support. Our industry team is available to answer questions about our forecasts and analysis, and to provide you with insightful outlook via regular meetings and webinars.