Oxford Economics is a leading independent economic research and advisory firm. We facilitate intelligent and responsible decision-making through timely, data-driven, economic, and business insights and solutions our clients’ trust. Applying innovative research methods and state-of-the-art technologies, we go from global to local, industries to businesses, and theory to practice, positioning our clients for continuous success in an increasingly complex world.
The corporate website is the front door to the business and the most visible projection of corporate brand and values, as well as being a source of sales opportunities, so this is a vitally important role for the business. This is a new role and a great opportunity to build a high-performance and sustainable website.
This is a hands-on technical role, but the Website Manager should also have strong website design skills. Web coding skills are essential to implement interactive elements on the web pages.
As Website Manager, you will be reporting to the Head of Marketing. Your remit will include the management of the global website, creating governance and processes for the wider marketing team.
Working with the Digital Marketing Manager, the Website Manager will recommend and implement improvements to support SEO targets. They will collaborate with the Portfolio (Product) Marketers to build pages consist with the Oxford Economics website, and with the Program Marketers to build effective landing pages to support marketing campaigns and improve lead generation.
The Website Manager will monitor site performance using web site analytics to report on site performance against agreed metrics and propose and implement changes. They will also use tools to ensure site availability and resolve any issues found.
This is an integral part of Oxford’s growth plans and is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company at the forefront of the industry. This is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in their career.
Web Developer Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day responsibility for running the firm’s public websites, ensuring this is kept fully up-to-date and to the highest presentational standard.
- Develop, build and publish new pages for our subscription and other products and firm-wide marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate the publication of new reports on the website with the support of the global marketing team.
- Keep up to date with developments and best practice in digital and web technology
- Support the Portfolio Marketers and Digital and Social Media Manager with implementing and managing web-related content.
- Develop and propose ideas for enhanced web content and presentation across our products and services.
- Balancing multiple projects concurrently, effectively managing time constraints while maintaining a high standard of quality.
Skills / Experience:
- Have 5+ years’ experience in a web design/management tole.
- Able to hit the ground running (proven with a portfolio of web site management experience).
- Extensive knowledge of web content management systems (CMS) and website management.
- Proficiency in WordPress is required, along with a keen eye for detail and a natural talent for design.
- Design experience and working with Adobe Creative Cloud tools would be preferred.
- Experience in snagging, cross-platform testing, content application and bug finding, using tools such as SEMRush, HotJar and Google Analytics (although others will be considered)
- A good understanding of UX, design and layout principles.
- Ability to implement designs that work and adapt across multiple clients (e.g., mobile vs desktop).
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- A flexible and pro-active attitude with an ability to respond effectively to changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
- You have strong communication skills, with the ability to relay proposed solutions to stakeholders who may not have a technical background.
How to Apply
To apply for the role, please submit a CV and covering letter, detailing how you meet the person specification and where you have relevant experience of elements and attributes of the role.
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on more than 200 countries, 250 industrial sectors, and 7,000 cities and regions. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, Oxford Economics has offices across the globe in Belfast, Boston, Cape Town, Chicago, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Houston, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We employ 500 full-time staff, including more than 300 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Oxford Economics family.
Oxford Economics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by governmental or local laws.Apply now