Oxford Economics (OE), a leading global economic research and consultancy firm, is looking to hire a highly motivated VP, Sales – US Real Estate to grow OE’s presence in the real estate sector across North America.
OE has long been known as the gold standard for economic and real estate solutions globally, and after a successful launch into the North American market five years ago, OE has grown into the number one trusted source throughout the US and Canada.
We are looking for the right candidate to take this success and expand on it further, including looking for opportunities from its key competitor. We are looking for a candidate with experience developing an existing team as well as looking for new opportunities to expand the team to take advantage of these.
We are looking for someone highly ambitious and goal-orientated.
Key Responsibilities – Sales & Management
- Manage and lead a sales team, involving senior and junior individuals
- Mentor and motivate the team
- Utilize all available resources for helping the team build the pipeline and close sales
- Be actively involved in individual sales as required to maximize each sales value
- Increase volume of sales as well as the average value.
- Identify growth opportunities within individual opportunities and the sector more widely
- Identify opportunities from our core competitors and create a strategy to target these
- Develop a strong understanding of the subscription products and become proficient at providing or supporting demonstrations, in person or via the web, to gauge the prospects needs and developing proposals to address them.
- Manage using Salesforce and report regularly to your line manager.
- Work with the Global Head of RE to communicate opportunities, challenges, and feedback
- Salesforce. Ensure contact details of new leads and prospects are recorded correctly and full details and outcomes from meetings and calls are recorded.
- Marketing. Liaise with the marketing on webinars and events and economists on content.
- Provide feedback and suggest product improvements to product teams, based on prospect interaction and competitor analysis.
Skills and Experience: Required
- Experience of selling data or information services within the real estate sector.
- A proven, demonstratable sales track record, with at least 5 years of B2B sales
- A degree from a recognised university.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Salesforce experience a must.
- Candidate must have strong presentation and writing skills.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a self-starter, with the drive to set and reach ambitious goals.
- Must be a team player.
Skills and Experience: Desired
- Existing contacts at US real estate firms.
- Economics or Real Estate related degree highly desirable.
- Research, economic or business sales experience.
- Phone and Web-based sales experience along with face-to-face selling a must.
- Experience selling to markets across the US is an advantage.
Expected pay for this role may vary between US$175,000-US$225,000 per year, determined by the candidate’s relevant education, skill, experience level, and location. The base pay is part of the total compensation and benefits which also includes uncapped sales commission and a discretionary performance-based bonus.
Oxford Economics is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on more than 200 countries, 250 industrial sectors, and 7,000 cities and regions. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, Oxford Economics has offices across the globe in Belfast, Boston, Cape Town, Chicago, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Houston, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We employ 400 full-time staff, including more than 250 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
Oxford Economics is a key adviser to corporate, financial and government decision-makers and thought leaders. Our worldwide client base now comprises over 2,000 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanks.Apply now