As a Level II Service Desk Technician, your role involves collaborating and working closely within the IT Operations Team to provide technical support in a timely manner. You will be the natural point of escalation after support cases have cleared the level I team through our helpdesk system, ensuring the delivery of a high-quality service to end-users and ensure Service Support and Service Delivery processes are met.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to assist in the development of the organisation’s systems while broadening your knowledge of new technology and trends. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive and continuously delivers to a high standard. The Level II Service Desk Technician role provides an exciting opportunity to grow and learn new skills while using these skills to improve practices.
- Act as second line escalation within the technical support team, performing post-resolution knowledge transfer with colleagues
- Provide assistance to level 1 support when necessary
- Assist with the evaluation and implementation of new technology
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable analyst, developer or vendor, when required.
- Continuously monitor and action support tickets from internal and external customers, manage expectations, and provide a satisfactory resolution
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Perform onsite and remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex computer problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Maintain strong relationships with senior leaders and third-party suppliers
- Respond to automated security, environmental and system alerts in a timely manner
- Support Business Continuity Plans with well-architected disaster recovery solutions that meet agreed RPO and RTO times
- You may, on occasion, be required to travel to our other offices within the European Region to provide on-site support when necessary
Key Working Relationships
Internal + External
- Economists / Business Analysts
- Information Technology / Infrastructure Architects
- Software Development
- Marketing & Business Development
- External: As Required
Skills and Experience: Required
- 3+ years of experience in IT Support and Operations
- Excellent communication skills. You will have a natural ability to build rapport with stakeholders at all levels to influence decisions
- Significant experience with the Office 365 suite, both in technical support and administration
- A good understanding of Microsoft Azure, Intune, PIM , Virtual Machines and storage accounts
- Experience in evaluation and decision making
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards, including TCP/IP, OSI model, Microsoft Windows 10/11, Windows server
- Good project management skills and solid experience of working with IT departments on technical development projects
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory and related components, including but not limited to, Users and Computer, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- Technical knowledge of data management and backup strategies
- Technical knowledge of VoIP telephony systems
- Intermediate knowledge of networking (switches, firewalls, routers)
- Ability to monitor and manage hardware and software assets for compliance
- Ability to specify, procure and manage external technical services, to augment and/or deliver key aspects of the IT Support and Infrastructure
- Knowledge of data compliance and security
Skills and Experience: Desired
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent Industry based Qualifications
- Industry based Qualifications, MCSE, MCP, MCT, CCNA
- Microsoft Azure accreditations
- Recognised accreditations in VoIP
- Detailed knowledge and experience of data best practice, data protection and legal requirements
- Experience in evaluating and procuring technical 3rd party services
- Previous experience in planning and delivering IT change programmes
How to Apply
To apply for the role, please submit a CV and covering letter, detailing how you meet the person specification and where you have relevant experience of elements and attributes of the role.
Oxford Economics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by governmental or local laws.
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on more than 200 countries, 250 industrial sectors, and 7,000 cities and regions. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, Oxford Economics has offices across the globe in Belfast, Boston, Cape Town, Chicago, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Houston, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We employ 400 full-time staff, including more than 250 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
Oxford Economics is a key adviser to corporate, financial and government decision-makers and thought leaders. Our worldwide client base now comprises over 2,000 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanksApply now