BIS Oxford Economics, part of Oxford Economics Group, is a leading independent economics, construction and property forecasting company. We are looking for a Senior Economist to join our growing industry forecasting team. This role would be ideal for someone who wants to take the next step in their career and cement their credentials as an industry expert.
This is an opportunity to advance your career at BIS Oxford Economics, a market leader and rapidly growing organization with offices situated around the world. You will work with our international team of Economists, Consultants and Forecasters to help our clients navigate the challenges ahead in a friendly, collaborative and high achieving environment.
About the role
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Economist to join our industry forecasting team, taking ownership of our non-residential building research services.
This is a dynamic and varied role. There will be considerable room to grow for the right candidate, who will be part of a motivated and supportive team based in our Sydney Office.
Ongoing responsibilities of the role include:
- Steering our private and public sector building investment outlook for Australia. This involves keeping a close eye on emerging trends and developments for the office, retail, industrial, accommodation and healthcare sectors to name a few
- Leading the production of detailed activity forecasts, articulating the key risks that surround the baseline outlook
- Management and maintenance of our forecast infrastructure, including modelling equations, project tracking, accuracy testing, and data collection systems
- Production of value adding research through quick release data insights, thematic research briefings and comprehensive quarterly updates
- Delivery of webinars, client updates and conference presentations
- Working with our business development team, supporting new sales initiatives, and providing technical support for our existing client base
- Acting as the line manager for junior staff, providing training and support
The role is growth and development focused. Opportunities include:
- Driving our expansion into non-core property research for targeted asset classes
- Marketing and media support, both through social media and more traditional channels
- Leading the rollout of infrastructure improvements using coding platforms such as Python and R
Skills and experience: required
- 4+ years of experience in a comparable research role
- An undergraduate degree in Economics or related field
- A proven, demonstrable track record of high-quality economic analysis and research
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain economic concepts and quantitative results, as well as their implications, to non-specialists
- Econometric modelling experience, working with large complex datasets
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs
- Confidence in liaising with our clients who are typically senior management in large corporations and government organisations
- The ability to organise and manage multiple deliverables at once
Skills and experience: desired
- Experience conducting research and analysis in the Australian construction, mining, and/or property industries
- Advanced degree in Economics (honours or masters)
- Proficiency with time series data and modelling techniques
- Programming experience in R or Python
- Experience managing and training junior staff
How to apply
To apply for the role, please submit a CV, example of past work, and covering letter, detailing how you meet the person specification and where you have relevant experience of elements and attributes of the role.
About BIS Oxford Economics
Following the acquisition of BIS Shrapnel by Oxford Economics in 2017 a new entity was formed called BIS Oxford Economics which forms part of the Oxford Economics Group. The Oxford Economics Group was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on 200 countries, 100 industrial sectors and over 4,000 cities. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Oxford Economics is a key adviser to corporate, financial and government decision-makers and thought leaders. Our worldwide client base now comprises over 1500 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanks.
Oxford Economics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by governmental or local laws.Apply now