Oxford Economics, a leading global economic research and consultancy firm, is looking to hire a Marketing Executive based in and focused on delivering marketing strategies suited for the Japanese market.
This position will report to the APAC Marketing Manager and work closely with the Head of Economics and the Head of Business Development in Japan, to support the growth of the subscription and consulting business locally, as well as providing marketing support for wider APAC and global marketing initiatives. They will require excellent communication skills and be well organised, carrying out end to end marketing tasks in a professional and efficient manner. This individual will work collaboratively across our global marketing team which includes Portfolio Marketing, Content Marketing, Marketing Operations, Digital Marketing and PR functions.
This is an integral part of Oxford’s growth plans and is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company at the forefront of the industry. This is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in their career.
- As the Japanese regional marketer, you will work closely with the local leadership team to understand and support business priorities, and act as the intersection of our strategy for Japan with the Economists, Consulting, Business Development and Marketing leads.
- Build and deliver annual marketing plans to support Oxford Economics Japan’s key strategic objectives, in line with the APAC regional marketing plan and priorities.
- Create and execute marketing campaigns, utilizing a multi-channel approach to drive top-of-funnel activity; deliver qualified leads and collaborate with sales managers to monitor follow-up.
- Regionalise global programs for the local audience, when appropriate.
- Drive regional awareness through Japanese bi-weekly client newsletter, partnering with Content Marketing to maintain drive a content marketing workflow inclusive of social media channels, and leverage existing content across social media and other channels, for local markets.
- Ensure the website is up to date with relevant content uploads, and case studies working with BD partners – both subscription and consulting – on case study sourcing and development.
- Field media inquiries and distribute press releases intended for Japanese media.
- Ensure all marketing activities are monitored and measured for their effectiveness. Utilise data and insights to drive performance and ROI.
- Identify opportunities to continually innovate, refine and improve existing processes to unlock capabilities and elevate the marketing operating model.
- Work with the APAC Marketing Manager, Japan BD and Economist leads to manage marketing co-ops and collabs with partners and alliances e.g., media partnerships and sponsorships.
- Own customer and 3rd party regional event and webinar experience and execution.
- Support the APAC regional marketer on implementing the wider APAC regional plan, such as regional campaign execution and events.
- Work with the global marketing team and support the tactical planning, and delivery of assigned global program marketing activity across key marketing channels.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to develop marketing ideas and strategies aligned to sales targets.
- Ability to collect, analyse and summarise data and to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and remain cognizant of deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changeable environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
Skills and Experience – Required:
- 3 years or more of marketing experience utilizing all aspects of the promotional mix across all marketing media.
- Experience using a Marketing Automation Platform, preferably Pardot.
- Strong verbal and written English and Japanese communication skills.
- The ideal candidate is organized, accountable, and demonstrates responsibility for meeting deadlines and following through on commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a business, marketing, communication.
Skills and Experience – Desired:
- Understands complex organizational structures and dynamics.
- A desire to meet and achieve goals.
- Ability to establish credibility and build relationships with senior level professional.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Effective problem solving, time management and organisation skills.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
How to Apply
To apply for the role, please submit a CV and covering letter, detailing how you meet the person specification and where you have relevant experience of elements and attributes of the role.
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on more than 200 countries, 250 industrial sectors, and 7,000 cities and regions. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, Oxford Economics has offices across the globe in Belfast, Boston, Cape Town, Chicago, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Houston, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We employ 500 full-time staff, including more than 300 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Oxford Economics family.
Oxford Economics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by governmental or local laws.Apply now