Reports to: Asia Head of Business Development Consulting
Oxford Economics is excited to offer current university students in Singapore the opportunity to undertake a part-time internship, either over the holiday periods or on an ongoing basis throughout the academic year. This role provides hands-on experience, working alongside our Asia Head of BD Consulting in Singapore and the wider global team.
We are a fast growing, independent economic consultancy and advisory firm with a global reach. Our best-in-class global economic models and analytical tools give us unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social, and business impact.
Our Economic Impact team has delivered projects for Singapore Government, pan-APAC trade associations, major western multi-nationals, management consultancies and Asian technology companies, amongst others, and this position is designed to help with the overall growth of the business.
- Lead generation: Help identify key prospects within the territory across multiple sectors; provide in depth research on companies, key individuals, and specific teams within each company via industry publications and internet research including LinkedIn and Sales Navigator.
- Schedule new business meetings for Senior BD as required.
- Assist in organising meeting agendas for the BD team for business trips.
- Help prepare appropriate presentations and business development collateral.
- Assist with various campaigns/events and work closely with Marketing when required.
- Develop a strong knowledge of Oxford Economics’ previous projects.
- Ensure contact details of new leads and prospects are recorded correctly on the CRM and help build lead lists/ campaigns.
- Gain relationship management skills by working closely with the Asia Head of BD Consulting and our global economic team
- Stay updated with global economic trends and adapt to the ever-evolving tools and techniques in the field of economic consulting.
- Support the engagement of potential clients and prospects like Singapore Government agencies, major multi-nationals, and leading technology companies across the region.
- Timing flexible to cater to students’ needs and academic commitments.
- This experience can serve as a steppingstone for those keen on pursuing a career in economic consulting or relationship management.
Key Skills & Requirements
The applicant can be in any year of study at the undergraduate or graduate level. The internship duration and timing are flexible. We are currently looking for part-time interns from January to May 2024, with an option to extend over the summer holidays. Singaporean and PRs only.
- Studying business, economics, or a closely related degree. .
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint (economic data analysis skills is a plus) and strong writing skills.
- Interested in developing a career in consulting or business development.
- An interest in economics and current affairs.
- Positive attitude, work ethic, self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in team.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once.