Oxford Economics is excited to offer Singaporeans, PRs, or students in Singapore-based universities with internship requirements from their university the opportunity to undertake an internship from May to August 2024.
Two internship positions are open, one with the Economic Impact Consulting team and the other with the Macroeconomic Forecasting and Investor Services team.
This application is for the role with the Macroeconomic and Investor Services team. The role will provide hands-on experience, working alongside our teams of Economists in Singapore and our global team.
About the role
Oxford Economics is a fast growing, independent economic consultancy and advisory firm with a global reach. Our best-in-class global economic models and analytical tools give us unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
The Macroeconomic and Investor Services team produces macroeconomic forecasts and research on Asian economies, and serves a wide client base that comprises over 1,500 international corporations, financial institutions and government organisations.
We are looking for applicants studying economics, who are interested in pursuing a career in the economics discipline, who are keen to learn fast and help us deliver high-quality research and positive outcomes to the wide variety of clients we work with.
The applicant should be studying for a Master’s degree (preferred), or in the 3rd or 4th year of study at the undergraduate level. We are currently looking for:
- One full-time intern from May to August 2024.
- Gain exposure to macroeconomic forecasting and modelling, and knowledge about macroeconomic developments in Asia.
- Support from a dedicated mentor throughout the internship.
- Possibility of being fast-tracked through the initial stages of the recruitment process for the Oxford Economics Singapore Economics Graduate Programme in subsequent years.
- Supporting the team in modelling and forecasting for Asian economies, as well as producing thematic research relevant to the region.
- Desk research, data aggregation and analysis in support of forecasting and research work. This can involve producing charts, tables and other content for reports and presentations.
- Studying an Economics degree.
- Ability to write well.
- Possess good quantitative skills.
- High proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint.
- Self-motivated and ability to work within a team.
Apply now for the Oxford Economics Singapore internship by emailing [email protected] and ccing [email protected], with the subject ‘Application: Singapore Internship (Macroeconomic and Investor Services)’.
If you would like to learn more about the programme, please reach out to Tan Theng Theng ([email protected]).
All applications must include the following supporting documents:
- Cover letter outlining how you meet our requirements. Please state economics modules completed so far and period available for internship in 2024.
- Academic transcript
Applications will close on 11th November 2023 and we will contact you via email if we wish to proceed with your application.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Oxford Economics family.Apply now