Oxford Economics is excited to offer current university students in Singapore the opportunity to undertake an internship on an ongoing basis through the academic year.
Two full-time internship positions are open with the Economic Impact Consulting team. This role will provide hands-on experience, working alongside our teams of Economists in Singapore and our global team.
About the role:
Oxford Economics is a fast growing, independent economic consultancy and advisory firm with a global reach. Our best-in-class global economic models and analytical tools give us unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
In the past couple of years, the Economic Impact team has delivered projects for the Singapore government, pan-APAC trade associations, major western multi-nationals, management consultancies and Asian technology companies, amongst others.
We are looking for applicants who are interested in pursuing a career in the Economics discipline, who are keen to learn fast and help us deliver high quality research and positive outcomes to the wide variety of clients we work with.
The applicant must be pursuing a degree in Economics and can be in any year of study at the undergraduate or graduate level. The internship duration and timing are flexible. We are currently looking for:
- One full-time intern from May to August 2024.
- One full-time intern from August 2024 to December 2024, requiring a Leave of Absence (LOA) from your educational institution. *
- We are happy to receive any applicants for the full duration of May to December 2024 as well, as long as we receive proof of your Leave of Absence from your institution at the beginning of the internship.
* For students from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), we are also offering the university’s credit-bearing Professional Internship program from 22nd July 2024- 3rd January 2025. As these dates are provided by the university, any applicants for this program must adhere to the duration to receive credits. Alternatively, NTU students are also welcome to apply for Oxford Economics’ May-Aug or Aug-Dec 2024 programs for a non-credit bearing internship.
- Gain experience and exposure to the economic challenges faced by organisations in Singapore, Southeast Asia and globally.
- Gain exposure to economic consulting, the tools and techniques used as well as sitting in client meetings.
- Support from a dedicated mentor throughout the internship.
- Possibility of being fast-tracked through the initial stages of the recruitment process for the Oxford Economics Singapore Economics Graduate Programme in subsequent years.
- Supporting the team in conducting economic analysis and research. Your work will be contributing to actual projects from the first week.
- Desk research, data aggregation and analysis in support of project work or proposal development. This can involve producing charts, tables and other content for reports and presentations.
- Studying economics or a closely related degree.
- Ability to learn quickly and problem solve. .
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Other tools like Power BI, Stata, R and Python will be beneficial.
- An interest in economic modelling.
- Positive attitude and work ethic.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Curiosity and a desire to continue to improve.
Here are some examples of recent projects:
Data Centre Impacts
The Global Economic Potential of 5G-Enabled Technology (https://www.oxfordeconomics.com/resource/the-global-economic-potential-of-5g-enabled-technology/)
The Economic Impact of the Agri-Food Sector in Southeast Asia (https://www.oxfordeconomics.com/resource/the-economic-impact-of-the-agri-food-sector-in-southeast-asia-2022/)
Please apply by emailing [email protected] and cc’ing [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected], with the subject ‘Application: Singapore Internship (Economic Impact Consulting)’.
All applications must include the following supporting documents:
- Cover letter outlining how you meet our requirements. Please state Economics modules completed/ongoing so far.
- Period of availability for internships.
- Academic transcript.
Applications will close on 31st March 2024, and we will contact you via email if we wish to proceed with your application.
We look forward to welcoming you to Oxford Economics.Apply now