BIS Oxford Economics is a leading research and consultancy firm and one of the most rapidly growing organisations in its sector achieving over 20% annual growth for the last 10 years with our most recent year being one of our strongest ever. We are looking to hire a Sales Support Executive who has a passion for global business trends and strategy to join its existing sales team.
The primary responsibility for this role will be to work to support the growth of the subscription business in Australia and New Zealand. The person will require strong communication skills and be very well organised to conduct outbound lead generation to some of Australia’s largest organisations, speaking to senior managers and C-suite executives to promote our subscription products whilst working with internal teams to continually manage client engagement.
This role is an integral part of Oxford’s growth plans for Australia and New Zealand and is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company at the forefront of the industry. The expectation is that this role would then lead into a business development, with the individual having their own territory and target. The key responsibilities within this role are as follows:
How you will make an impact
- Compiling lists of leads and delegating them to the Business Development team. As needed, help to coordinate outreach through email campaigns, internet research, cold calling
- Help identify key prospects across the territory; companies, key individual’s and teams within each company, and support the Business Development team in establishing relationships with these prospects.
- Provide in-depth company research referencing structures, leads and new prospects via internet sites as LinkedIn, Bloomberg, etc.
- Salesforce: help with the upkeep of Salesforce including setting up trials & notifications, data entry and cross checks as required. Ensure contact details of new leads and prospects are recorded and help build lead lists and various reporting tools.
- Handling other aspects of the sales process for the sales team, including scheduling client calls and meetings
- Help support the business development team on sales calls to take notes where needed
- Helping to coordinate and organise collaborations with the marketing team for webinars and events
Skills and Experience: Required
- Must be highly organised and able to manage multiple projects at once
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be a self-starter, with the drive to set and reach ambitious goals
- Must be a team player
- Be adaptable to change and embrace new approaches
- Eye for detail and accuracy
Skills and Experience: Desired
- A desire to meet and achieve goals
- Be interested in a future career in sales, account management and/or other commercial roles
- Some experience of working on a Client Relationship Management system (Salesforce highly preferred)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Effective problem solving, time management and organisation skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Show technical aptitude and a desire to advance in a sales capacity
BIS Oxford Economics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by local government laws.
About BIS Oxford Economics
Following the acquisition of BIS Shrapnel by Oxford Economics in 2017 a new entity was formed called BIS Oxford Economics which forms part of the Oxford Economics Group. This was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on 200 countries, 100 industrial sectors and over 4,000 cities. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore and Sydney, Oxford Economics has 24 offices across the globe. We employ over 400 full-time people, including more than 300 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
Oxford Economics is a key adviser to corporate, financial and government decision-makers and thought leaders. Our worldwide client base now comprises over 700 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanks.Apply now
Sign up to our Resource Hub to download the latest and most popular reports.