Oxford Economics, a leader in global forecasting and quantitative analysis, is quickly expanding its operations in Asia and we are seeking a high-calibre research assistant to join our macroeconomics team based in our Singapore office. The team has an outstanding forecasting track record and produces high quality economic research.
We offer a collegial working environment with room for career progression and a competitive salary. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company at the forefront of the industry.
- Work with the Head of Asia Economics and senior Asia economists by doing statistical analysis, preparing research documents and presentations.
- Assist in broad macroeconomic themes related to the region or individual economies.
- Ensure timely data updates ahead of the macroeconomic forecast cycle.
- Demonstrate Oxford Economics’ products to clients and prospective clients.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Strong academic education in economics – a graduate qualification is essential.
- Strong interest in practical research on macroeconomic issues relevant to corporations and financial institutions.
- Ability to work effectively with teams across different offices and respect tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficiency in excel and willingness to learn other software packages and programming tools, eg Eviews.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Oxford Economics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by government and local laws.
How to Apply
To apply for the role, please submit a CV and covering letter, detailing how you meet the person specification and where you have relevant experience of elements and attributes of the role.
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on more than 200 countries, 250 industrial sectors, and 7,000 cities and regions. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, Oxford Economics has offices across the globe in Belfast, Boston, Cape Town, Chicago, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Houston, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We employ 500 full-time staff, including more than 300 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Oxford Economics family.Apply Now
Sign up to our Resource Hub to download the latest and most popular reports.