Head of LatAm Macro & Investor Service
Oxford Economics, a leading global economic research and consultancy firm, is looking to hire a Head of LatAm Macro & Investor Service
This position will be reporting to the Managing Director of Macro & Investor Services, the Chief LatAm Economist is the Head of the LatAm Macro & Investor Service and oversees a team of economists in Mexico City.
This position will be an integral part of Oxford Economics’ growth plans for the LatAm Macro & Investor Service and oversees team and is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company at the forefront of the industry. The key responsibilities within this role include:
- Taking the lead role in shaping Oxford Economics’ LATAM Macro Forecast and how it is presented to key stakeholders.
- Overseeing the management of the LATAM economics team and the delivery of its services. In addition, the Managing Director of LATAM will be actively involved in the day-to-day activities of the LATAM Business Development team, collaborating with the Senior Vice President, Americas to help the BD team to achieve the sales target.
- Responsible for the macroeconomic forecast of a number of Latin American economies, using Oxford Economics’ proprietary Global Economic Model
- Guiding and coordinating the agenda for topical LATAM research published in the Global Macro Service, as well as writing frequent research reports on relevant countries and topics of interest.
- Assist in the production of in-depth analytical pieces on broad macroeconomic themes related to the LatAm region or individual economies
- Ensuring that Oxford Economics’ LATAM macro forecasts and research are market-leading in terms of quality, relevance, timeliness and accessibility to clients
- Presenting Oxford Economics’ views to clients through client conferences, webinars and meetings.
- Acting as a spokesperson for Oxford’s Global Macro Service in Latin America. This will involve publishing press releases, answering queries from print journalists, some TV and radio interviews, and building relationships with key media contacts.
- Overseeing the recruitment and training of new staff when needed.
- Demonstrate Oxford Economics’ services to clients and prospective clients, as well as collaborate with colleagues outside the Macro & Investor Service on bespoke consultancy projects in LatAm.
- Being entrepreneurial and proactive in the identification and pursuit of new business opportunities
- Respond to client queries in a timely manner.
- Strong academic education in economics, finance or related fields from a reputable academic institution. Post-graduate degree is required.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in non-academic economic research (writing samples desired)
- Proficiency in English and Spanish is essential – expect most of the work to be carried out in English, but some client interaction will be in Spanish. Knowledge of Portuguese is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively within tight deadlines with teams across different offices in the USA and Europe.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills – domain of MS Office and general interest as well as experience in economic modelling or forecasting is essential. Knowledge of VBA and other programming languages aimed at automating processes is a plus. Previous experience with Haver Analytics, and other data aggregators is also desirable.
- Ability to communicate your views clearly and effectively in English and Spanish to colleagues and clients through conference calls, Power Point Presentations or face-to-face interactions.
- It’s essential to have previous experience working in macroeconomic research (e.g buy or sell-side, consultancies, central banks or think-tanks). Previous experience writing economic reports, doing presentations, communicating with the media, and handling client relationships is required.
How to Apply
To apply for the role, please submit a CV and covering letter, detailing how you meet the person specification and where you have relevant experience of elements and attributes of the role.
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on more than 200 countries, 250 industrial sectors, and 7,000 cities and regions. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, Oxford Economics has offices across the globe in Belfast, Boston, Cape Town, Chicago, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Houston, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We employ 500 full-time staff, including more than 300 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Oxford Economics family.
Oxford Economics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by governmental or local laws.Apply now