Tourism Economics is a subsidiary of Oxford Economics dedicated to analytical consulting in the tourism sector. We are seeking a high-calibre Data Visualization Specialist to join our team, based in our Wayne, PA (USA) office. (Remote MAY be considered)
Our client includes destination marketing organizations at the city, state, and national levels; leading industry trade associations; and major corporate owners, operators and brands in the travel sector. We have a longstanding relationship with many of our clients, typically through subscription-based services or recurring studies.
This individual must be creative and independent, with a desire to continue learning. Attention to detail is critical and applicants should take pride in producing accurate work on a timely basis in collaboration with colleagues. This position offers strong opportunities for skill development and personal growth as part of a small, highly capable team.
- Design, develop, and maintain Tableau dashboards and reports that provide actionable insights for data-driven decision making in the travel and tourism sector.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, data analysts, and other team members to define requirements, gather and refine data, and develop solutions that meet business objectives.
- Assisting with destination-specific analysis, reporting and presentations, including maintaining current written insights and new inquiries
- Continuously research and implement new techniques and tools to enhance the overall effectiveness of BI and data visualization solutions.
Skills and Experience: Required
- 2-3 years of experience in business intelligence, data analytics, or similar role.
- Proficiency in Tableau (desktop and server) with a strong portfolio of visualizations and dashboards.
- Experience working with SQL and relational databases a plus.
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights.
- Solid writing and analytical skills and the ability to create impactful and visually appealing dashboards
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, informational systems, business analytics, or related field.
Oxford Economics is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on 200 countries, 280 industrial sectors and over 7,000 cities. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, Oxford Economics has offices across the globe. We employ over 450 full-time people, including more than 250 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
Oxford Economics is a key adviser to corporate, financial and government decision-makers and thought leaders. Our worldwide client base now comprises over 2200 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanks.Apply now