Tourism Economics is a subsidiary of Oxford Economics dedicated to analytical consulting in the tourism sector. We are seeking a high-calibre Data Engineer to join our team, based in our Wayne, PA (USA) office.
Our client includes destination marketing organizations at the city, state, and national levels; leading industry trade associations; and major corporate owners, operators and brands in the travel sector. We have a longstanding relationship with many of our clients, typically through subscription-based services or recurring studies.
This client base has shown strong interest in Tourism Economics’ new Data Analytics & Insights services (Symphony) and we are expanding our team to meet future needs. You will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems and overall strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals.
This individual must have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources. Data engineer skills also include familiarity with several programming languages and knowledge of machine learning methods.
Attention to detail is critical and applicants should take pride in producing accurate work on a timely basis in collaboration with colleagues. This position offers strong opportunities for skill development and personal growth as part of a small, highly capable team.
- Lead architecture design and implementation of next generation BI solutions.
- Manage AWS and snowflake resources.
- Potentially mentor and develop other DE’s.
- Build and deliver high quality data architecture and pipelines to support business analyst, data scientists, and customer reporting needs.
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering)
- 3+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly optimized SQL queries across large data sets
- 3+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python, R etc.
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing
- Experience with snowflake and tableau etc.
- Experience with Tableau Server
- Experience with AWS services including S3
- Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
- Master’s in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or another quantitative field
How to Apply
To apply for the role, please submit a CV and covering letter, detailing how you meet the person specification and where you have relevant experience of elements and attributes of the role.
Oxford Economics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on 200 countries, 280 industrial sectors and over 7,000 cities. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, Oxford Economics has offices across the globe. We employ over 450 full-time people, including more than 250 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
Oxford Economics is a key adviser to corporate, financial and government decision-makers and thought leaders. Our worldwide client base now comprises over 2200 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanks.Apply now