Tourism Economics is a subsidiary of Oxford Economics dedicated to analytical consulting in the tourism sector. We are seeking a high-calibre Data Analyst to join our team, based in our Wayne, PA (USA) office.
Our client includes destination marketing organizations at the city, state, and national levels; leading industry trade associations; and major corporate owners, operators and brands in the travel sector. We have a longstanding relationship with many of our clients, typically through subscription-based services or recurring studies.
This client base has shown strong interest in Tourism Economics’ new Data Analytics & Insights services (Symphony) and we are expanding our team to meet future needs.
This individual must have strong technical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources.
Attention to detail is critical and applicants should take pride in producing accurate work on a timely basis in collaboration with colleagues. This position offers strong opportunities for skill development and personal growth as part of a small, highly capable team.
The main responsibilities of the economist role include:
- Managing and maintaining data sets tracking travel-sector trends
- Helping develop and manage Tableau dashboards that provide clients clear, current insights on topics such as travel-sector performance
- Assisting with the onboarding of new clients
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports
- Assisting with destination-specific analysis, reporting and presentations, including maintaining current written insights and new inquiries on topics of interest
- Supporting the data science team with cloud data warehouse development, including process development and data architecture
- Two (2) years of relevant data management and analysis work experience preferred
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in data science, data analytics, computer science, economics, mathematics, business, or another relevant field
- Familiarity with Excel, Tableau, scripted data processing (e.g., Python, and/or R), and SQL
- Solid writing and analytical skills and the ability to create impactful and visually appealing dashboards.
How to Apply
To apply for the role, please submit a CV and covering letter, detailing how you meet the person specification and where you have relevant experience of elements and attributes of the role.
Oxford Economics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on more than 200 countries, 250 industrial sectors, and 8,000 cities and regions. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, Oxford Economics has offices across the globe in Belfast, Boston, Cape Town, Chicago, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Houston, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We employ 400 full-time staff, including more than 250 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
Oxford Economics is a key adviser to corporate, financial and government decision-makers and thought leaders. Our worldwide client base now comprises over 2,000 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanks.Apply now
Sign up to our Resource Hub to download the latest and most popular reports.