Oxford Economics is a leader in global forecasting, quantitative analysis, and thought leadership. Our worldwide client base comprises more than 2,000 international corporations, financial institutions, government organisations, and universities. Headquartered in Oxford, with offices around the world, we employ over 450 staff, including 300 economists and analysts.
We are looking for a Commercial Associate to join our Specialist Markets Group team in London. The Specialist Markets Group is responsible for the growth in subscription revenues for Oxford’s Tourism Economics and Oxford Economics Africa businesses. This position will be an integral part of the specialist markets group and is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company at the forefront of the industry. The key responsibilities within this role are as follows:
- Source leads – research and qualify new business contacts for purposes of outreach
- Generate and manage prospecting lists from internal and external events, research and referrals
- Set up new business meetings – virtual or in person
- To become proficient at demonstrating TE and OEA services
- Become a product champion – develop a strong knowledge of SMG subscription products and their application
- Liaise with Commercial Director on marketing strategy, requirements and campaigns
- Identify market changes and adjust sales approach accordingly
- Attend networking events
- Track and communicate opportunities, challenges and feedback
- Use Salesforce for all sales activity
- Liaise with global business development team
Skills and Experience: Required
- A proven, demonstrable sales track record, with at least 1 years of experience in a B2B environment selling subscription or knowledge services
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong presentation and writing skills, confident on the phone with prospects/clients
- Experience with Salesforce
Skills and Experience: Desired
- Economics or international affairs or degree
- Experience in the travel sector
- Experience selling research and data services
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on more than 200 countries, 250 industrial sectors, and 7,000 cities and regions. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, Oxford Economics has offices across the globe in Belfast, Boston, Cape Town, Chicago, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Houston, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We employ 400 full-time staff, including more than 250 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
Oxford Economics is a key adviser to corporate, financial and government decision-makers and thought leaders. Our worldwide client base now comprises over 2,000 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanks.
Oxford Economics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.Apply now
Sign up to our Resource Hub to download the latest and most popular reports.