About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics is one of the world’s leading economic consultancy firms. Headquartered in Oxford, with regional centres in London, New York, Hong Kong, and Singapore, we employ over 500 full-time people, including more than 250 professional economists, industry experts and business editors. Our worldwide client base now comprises over 1500 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanks.
The company is engaged in two main areas of activity. One is our highly respected global macroeconomic, industry and city forecasting services. The other is our bespoke consultancy service, answering specific economic questions with rigorous analysis on behalf of a diverse range of international clients.
About the role
You will be a key member of the team responsible for producing economic research and forecasts for the Asia Global Macro Service, one of Oxford Economics leading subscription products.
Reporting to the Head of Asia Economics, you will lead our forecast and research on China. Developing research ideas and helping to produce the macroeconomic forecast as part of our Global Macro Service, this is an exciting opportunity in a fast growing part of the company. You will also be required to present to clients and field their queries in the first instance.
You will be looking primarily at China from a top-down macro perspective, but you will also be expected to contribute to shaping our view and research themes on the region. Collaborating with the rest of the Asia macro team and our regional macro teams globally will be a central part of your role.
You have a flair for good writing and are a confident presenter who enjoys presenting innovative research and can build strong client relationships over time.
- Setting the China macroeconomic view
- Overseeing and producing the China forecast
- Overseeing the evolution of Oxford Economics’ top down real estate products
- Writing analytical research and presenting Chinese and Asia macroeconomic research themes
- Interacting with clients/prospects, presenting at client events
- Managing and developing a junior economist
The profile, orientation and skills that you will bring to the team include:
- More than five years experience as a China macroeconomist
- Strong track record in forecasting and writing research reports to tight deadlines
- Excellent academic training with an advanced degree in economics – a top Master’s or a PhD will help you stand out.
Oxford Economics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by local government laws.Apply now
Sign up to our Resource Hub to download the latest and most popular reports.