Oxford Economics, a leading global economic research and consultancy firm, is looking to hire a Business Development Manager to grow and develop the asset management business within the United States.
As a key contributor to Oxford Economics’ growth in the Americas, this role is dedicated to expanding economic and asset management subscription services within the asset management sector across assigned territories, focusing on new business sales. This position is a crucial component of Oxford’s strategic growth plans for the Americas, offering an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding company that stands at the forefront of the industry.
- Collaborate closely with US Asset Management teams to identify and explore new sales opportunities, penetrating untapped market segments.
- Propel sales of OE’s asset management subscription services through proactive strategies, including out-bound cold calls, emails, and leveraging insights from asset manager conferences and webinars.
- Conduct thorough research on companies, gathering intelligence to pinpoint key individuals for targeted sales efforts.
- Assess prospects’ needs for Oxford’s economic data, forecasts, and qualitative analysis.
- Conduct face-to-face and web-based demos as necessary.
- Develop a profound understanding of subscription products, showcasing proficiency in delivering comprehensive demonstrations of these services.
- Efficiently manage new leads and opportunities within Salesforce, cultivating the pipeline necessary to achieve annual financial targets.
- Collaborate with other regional Business Development Managers to identify and capitalize on cross-border sales opportunities.
- Ensure contact details of new leads and prospects are recorded in Salesforce
- Ensure all sales activity and outcomes from meetings and calls are recorded in Salesforce
- Liaise with marketing to invite prospects to webinars, roundtables and events
- Product Enhancement. Provide feedback and suggest product improvements to product teams, based on prospect interaction and competitor analysis.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- A proven, demonstratable sales track record, with at least 2 years of direct sales experience
- Experience of selling in a B2B environment
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once
- Candidate must have strong presentation and writing skills
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be a team player
Desired Skills and Experience
- Economics related degree highly desirable
- Experience within the asset management sector
- Experience selling data or information services
- Research, economic or business sales experience
How to Apply
To apply for the role, please submit a CV and covering letter, detailing how you meet the person specification and where you have relevant experience of elements and attributes of the role.
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on more than 200 countries, 250 industrial sectors, and 7,000 cities and regions. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, Oxford Economics has offices across the globe in Belfast, Boston, Cape Town, Chicago, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Houston, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We employ 500 full-time staff, including more than 300 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Oxford Economics family.
Oxford Economics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by governmental or local laws.Apply now