Oxford Economics, a leading global economic research and consultancy firm, is looking to hire a Business Development Manager (BDM) for the East Coast Team. This position is an integral part of Oxford’s growth plans for the United States and is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company at the forefront of the industry.
- Initiate and close sales of Oxford Economics subscription services. Lead generation will be via phone / cold calls webinars and internal sales tools. The candidate should be experienced in face-to-face meetings and has to be willing to travel to the region in order to meet with clients and prospects
- Through market analysis, identify key companies in the territory, key individuals within companies, and establish relationships with these prospects
- Consistently maintain a healthy sales pipeline
- Work with the Sales Director to create and execute strategies to sell Oxford Economics subscription products
- Maintain a knowledge of global economic and business trends to facilitate conversations with clients
- Develop a strong knowledge of the subscription products and become proficient at providing demonstrations of these services
- Head-up sales presentations and lead webinars with prospective clients
Person Specification: Required
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- A proven, demonstrable sales track record over the past 2-4 years of exceeding quota
- Strong lead generator / experienced cold caller
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once
- Candidate must have strong presentation and writing skills
- Must be a self-starter, with the drive to set and reach ambitious goals
- Willingness to travel across the assigned territory to meet prospects
Person Specification: Desired (but not a must)
- Advanced degree is highly preferred
- Research, economic or professional services sales experience
- Selling subscription solutions
- Experience selling to senior executives (managing directors, board level)
- Existing contacts at key companies within the region
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Oxford Economics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on 200 countries, 100 industrial sectors and over 3,000 cities. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, Oxford Economics has offices across the globe in Belfast, Chicago, Dubai, Miami, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Washington DC. We employ over 300 full-time people, including more than 200 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
Oxford Economics is a key adviser to corporate, financial and government decision-makers and thought leaders. Our worldwide client base now comprises over 1200 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanks.Apply now