Business Development Executive or Manager, Midwest
Oxford Economics, a leading global economic research and consultancy firm, is looking to hire a Business Development Manager or Business Development Executive for the Midwest Territory. This person will be responsible for sales lead generation, setting-up of initial meetings and assisting the business development team in overall activities to grow the territory. This person will also be responsible for some client account management of existing clients.
A successful candidate will be able to uncover qualified sales leads by utilizing lead sourcing tools, internet searches and by tracking industry events, media publications, and industry associations. This role will also require someone with the ability to comprehend and navigate through different company organizational structures and roles, to find key decision makers and qualified buyers. In this role, the BDM/BDE will develop a solid understanding of the sales process and sales prospect management and success in this role can lead to a more senior sales role within the company.
This position is an integral part of Oxford’s growth plans for the United States and is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company at the forefront of the industry. The key responsibilities within this role are as follows:
Sales and Client Management
- Research companies and individuals to identify new prospects through the use of internet sites, industry publications and cold calls
- Identify key companies and prospects across the territory; key individuals and teams within each company; and support the Business Development team in establishing relationships with these prospects
- Develop strategic approaches to network with new prospects using all available sources of information, including in-depth company research on internal structures
- Organise face-to-face and Webex meetings for the Business Development team
- Respond to free trial requests and assist the team with various marketing campaigns
- Develop a strong knowledge of the subscription products and become proficient at providing demonstrations of these services
- Assist in organising meeting agendas for the BD team for business trips as well as helping coordinate key events across the region
- Prepare weekly sales reports to be shared with senior management
- Ensure contact details of new leads and prospects are recorded in the company CRM system as well as general upkeep of CRM system
- Ensure details and outcomes from meetings and calls are recorded in company CRM system
Skills and Experience: Required
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, ideally within a relevant field (economics, business, finance, marketing)
- Previous experience in sales and business development, preferably in the research or consulting industry
- An interest in economics and current affairs
- Comfortable making cold calls to multiple sectors
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong oral and writing skills
- Strong experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be a team player
- Experience with CRM systems is a plus
How to Apply
To apply for the role, please submit a CV and covering letter, detailing how you meet the person specification and where you have relevant experience of elements and attributes of the role.
Oxford Economics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on 200 countries, 120 industrial sectors and over 6,000 cities. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, Oxford Economics has offices across the globe. We employ over 450 full-time people, including more than 250 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
Oxford Economics is a key adviser to corporate, financial and government decision-makers and thought leaders. Our worldwide client base now comprises over 1200 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanks.Apply now