Government policies can have a dramatic effect on the visitor economy. The great destination success stories invariably include a government committed to policies which foster tourism development.
Tourism Economics assesses policies and funding decisions drawing from a host of experiences and international best practices. Our approach is decidedly empirical, evaluating the real returns to the economy of specific policy options.
Our analysis provides governments with the insight to make wise economic policy decisions.
Among the questions we help answer are:
- What will happen if we raise or lower our tourism marketing spending?
- How will increasing entry restrictions affect tourism?
- What are the economic benefits and costs of legalized gaming?
- How will an increased occupancy tax impact visitor demand, the economy, and the tax base?
- What incentives will best attract tourism investment?
Assessment of tourism marketing funding, taxes, or visa policies.