How we carry out quantitative and economic analysis
We are an acknowledged leader in the business of global forecasting and analysis. With 200 economists and analysts on staff, Oxford Economics has one of the largest international macroeconomic and consultancy teams in the private sector, allowing us to go deeper and further than other economic advisory firms.
We draw on our unique capabilities to provide:
- Detailed, insightful, and forward-looking analysis. We can analyse data by target industry sector, geography, or other appropriate filters, leveraging our experienced team of statisticians, subject-matter experts, and economists. Our team also applies cluster, factor, or correlation analysis, and can build forecasting models and benchmarking tools.
- Forecasts and market sizing. The best thought leadership is forward-looking. Our global models provide an ideal platform for creating visionary thought leadership on business and economic trends by industry, country, region, or city.
- Scenario framing. In today’s uncertain environment, executives need to understand the likelihood of external developments and the impact on their business. Our global economic and industry models provide the ideal framework to explore alternative scenarios and risk assessments, and our editorial team knows how to weave our quantitative output into provocative thought leadership.
- Public-policy research. Our global economic model provides a structured framework for assessing the economic impact of macroeconomic policy proposals at a national and global level.
- Economic-impact analysis. We can assess the economic contribution of a sector, company, industry, or investment, gauge the effects of regulations and tax changes, and quantify the value of future markets and technologies.
These capabilities sit at the very heart of our definition of thought leadership—original, evidence-based, forward-looking analysis.