Business Development Americas
+1 (646) 384 0271
A practical route to a sustainable future
The case for circular industries
Earlier this year, in the wake of President Trump’s announcement that the US would quit the Paris climate accord, several US corporate leaders announced their intentions to remain in the pact. These firms are moving in step with global public opinion; consumers increasingly expect goods and services to be from sustainable sources—while at the same time competitively priced.
Many businesses are embracing circular economy principles: repairing, recycling, or sharing resources to reduce waste and encourage sustainable ecosystems. Early adopters could gain a significant competitive edge. But businesses face difficult choices about the best time to invest in circularity and the right steps needed to reorient their business.
This research program will define circular economy opportunities across industries while exploring consumer attitudes and business benefits. Our report will highlight best practices, risks and lessons learned, resulting in an index to assess adoption of circularity across industries. We will also produce an interactive tool to help executives benchmark their companies against peers, and narrative infographics that publicize the main research findings.
- Circular Industries Index: The index will quantify how well each country and industry is approaching circularity, using both the survey results and available data from external sources.
- Research report: We will publish the findings from our research and analysis in a comprehensive briefing paper. These reports are typically 12–14 pages in length and include compelling narratives, engaging visuals, and calls to action.
- Narrative infographics: The index will provide results that will be published in one-page data visualizations that give readers a quick snapshot of the research findings and encourage them to read the full report.
- Interactive benchmarking tool: The tool will allow executives to answer select questions from the global survey and compare their answers with those of peer firms in their industry and region.
Launch and Amplification
- Circular Industries forum event: Oxford Economics will present the research findings and pragmatic recommendations for executives at a live networking event, where our Steering Group will have an opportunity to discuss the implications of circular industries.
- Amplification and distribution: Oxford Economics will promote the research report and other deliverables on an ongoing basis. Our efforts include news releases, monthly newsletters and social media.
Contact us for more information
Request a proposal
Please fill out the form below, and we will be in touch.