Oxford Economics’ Global Economic Model provides a rigorous and consistent structure for forecasting and testing scenarios. Advanced software allows you to build your own scenarios, export data sets, and view outputs in custom tables, dashboards, data feeds, or charts.
Winter 2020 update
We continually update the Model to add new functions and service improvements. These are available in the latest software release log along with extensive user guides which you can access from the Global Model Workstation home screen by clicking “User guide”.
Where can I find out more about the Global Model Workstation?
Please see the original FAQ here.
How do I get the new version?
The new Version 3.30 is included in the February 2020 release of the Global Model. To install the latest Global Model release with GMW, follow these steps:
1. Download the Global Model Software File from our website
2. Unzip the downloaded file and run the installer program
3. After installing the Global Model, you will the see the screen below. Review and accept the license terms, then click Yes to install the new version of GMW
4. After the model files have been installed, you can either install or skip installation of the Workstation
What will happen to my current version?
If you installed a previous version of GMW, the new version will be installed to the same location and will replace it. Your saved data (e.g. selections) will be preserved and available to you in the new version.
Do I have to install the new version to continue using GMW or the Global Model?
No, but we do recommend that you upgrade to take advantage of the latest features. If you choose to Skip on the screen shown above, the Global Model release will still be installed and you will keep your existing version of GMW (if any).
What if I encounter an error in the application ?
If an error occurs, you may be asked if you would like to send us an error report. If you proceed, you will see a draft email in your default email client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook). This email includes some useful information and attachments which will help us to diagnose the problem.
Please feel free to add to this email any further details about the error and what was happening in the application at the time it occurred. When you’re ready, send it to the pre-populated address.
If you are not asked to send an error report, please follow these steps:
- Take a screenshot of the error message
- Email the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org with as much detail as you can provide about the error and what was happening in the application at the time it occurred
Where should I send my feedback or questions on the new version?
We welcome your comments and questions about the Global Model Workstation at email@example.com.