Assembling your cloud orchestra
Oxford Economics worked with IBM's Institute for Business Value to investigate the current state and future plans for multicloud management. In mid-2018, we surveyed 2,000 executives in 19 industries headquartered in 20 countries: 13% CEOs or Head of Strategy, while 30% held the title of CIO, CTO, Head of IT or Head of Technology.
We asked such questions as
- Which benefits will your organization pursue by actively managing your multicloud environment?
- How does your organization’s planned multicloud management approach compare to that of multicloud ""maestros""?
- Which of your business processes are behind? Is your organization using key technical building blocks?
- What is your action plan for orchestrating a multicloud infrastructure?
- What steps should your organization take to mitigate barriers and accelerate your multicloud management success?
- Are there any lessons learned based on how your organization has actively managed (or not managed) multiple clouds to date?
- What is the opportunity cost if you don’t coordinate your organization’s forays into multiple clouds?
Our Thought Leadership team produces original, evidence-based research made accessible to decision-makers and opinion leaders. Principals for this project included:
Senior Editor, Thought LeadershipEmail