North American Metro Service
Data and forecasts for all states, provinces, metro and counties.
About the North American Metro Service
This service provides sub-national data, forecasts and analysis across North America. It covers all states, metropolitan areas and counties in the US, as well as provinces and major metropolitan areas in Canada.
Data and forecasts are provided for a broad range of economic, demographic and housing indicators for each location, delivered via our web-based databank. This is accompanied by written analysis, regular webinars and conferences, and support from our economists.
What the service includes
Detailed geographic coverage. The service covers all states, metropolitan areas, metropolitan divisions and counties in the US, and all Canadian provinces and major metropolitan areas. You can opt to take either the US, Canada or both.
Extensive data by location. The service provides quarterly data and forecasts for GDP and employment (total and by industry), population, labour force, unemployment, household income, wages and spending, house prices, and housing starts and permits.
Additional US detailed industry data. Clients also receive extensive supplementary industry detail (316 industries for employment and 73 for GDP) for US states and for all 382 metropolitan statistical areas.
Quarterly forecasts with regular written analysis. Our data and forecasts are updated once a quarter, and are accompanied by written analysis and chartbooks that highlight key metro trends. Individual metro reports are provided for all 382 US metropolitan statistical areas and the 6 largest Canadian metropolitan areas.
Long-term forecasts. All forecasts go forward to 2035 and are consistent with our widely respected global economic and industry view.
Advanced analytical functions. Our web-based databank allows users to quickly build custom queries with complete flexibility and view the data in tables, charts, and maps.
Economist support. Full client support to answer questions about our data or forecasts.
- US Metropolitan Statistical Areas. 50 US states and 382 metropolitan areas.
- US Metro Divisions. 31 US metro divisions.
- US Counties. 3,142 US Counties.
- Canadian Provinces. 10 Canadian provinces.
- Canadian Metropolitan Areas. 10 Canadian metropolitan areas.
Data and forecasts are provided for a broad range of economic, demographic and housing indicators for each location, delivered via our web-based databank.
Software and service
- Global Data Workstation. A web-based application that provides a variety of data selection, heat map, chart visualisations, Excel integration, data sharing, and personalisation features.
- Excel Data Workstation. An add-in for importing data selectively or make use of pre-built dashboards.
- Economist access. Our economists are available to provide guidance and answers to your questions.
- Delivery options. Online databank allows users to easily access data and forecasts for individual or shared use. Output options include tables, charts, maps and external infographic tools such as Power BI. Data is also available via Oxford Economics' excel plug-in and API tool.