About the role
Oxford Economics is looking for an experienced macroeconomist to join our European forecasting team. The role is based in Paris but with the option to spend some time in our London office. The successful candidate will forecast the economic outlook and risks for several countries, including France and Belgium; and provide real-time, value-added analysis on key economic and policy developments to internal and external stakeholders. The role also offers the opportunity to help shape our view of the wider region, working closely with our established team of macroeconomists in Europe and around the world.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of one or more European economies, preferably including France, and detailed knowledge of the macro data. Fluency in French and English is essential, both spoken and written. The position would suit someone who is looking to develop his or her analytical skills and regional knowledge in a fast-growing, independent consultancy with a global reach.
- Forecasting and research
- Produce monthly forecasts for France and Belgium, using Oxford Economics’ Global Economic Model, and write Country Economic Forecast reports for those countries
- Produce forecasts and reports on a quarterly or bi-annual basis for several other economies
- Contribute to our Global Macro Service output, including writing regular Research Briefings on topics of interest relating to these countries or broader regional themes
- Help to shape and present our country and regional views at internal and external meetings and events
- Contribute to other Oxford Economics presentations and publications
- Contribute to ad hoc requests and projects where needed
- Handle client queries about our European views and forecasts, as well as Oxford Economics’ products and services
- Provide support for sales staff through meetings with clients and prospective clients, including demonstrating our Global Economic Model and training clients to use it.
- Some travel within the region will be required
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Prior experience of macroeconomic modelling and/or forecasting
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including the ability to explain economic concepts and their implications to non-specialists
- Post-graduate degree in economics or a closely-related quantitative discipline is desirable although not essential
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written.
- Client and sales support
This role would suit an economist with some experience of economic forecasting and/or detailed knowledge of one or more European economies, preferably including France. We will also look for the following attributes:
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics is one of the world’s leading economic consultancy firms. Headquartered in Oxford, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, we employ over 300 full-time people, including more than 200 professional economists, industry experts and business editors. Our worldwide client base now comprises over 1000 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanks.
The macroeconomic and investor services team is part of our highly respected global macroeconomic, industry and city forecasting services. This is complimented by a bespoke consultancy service.