The Global Scenarios Workstation (currently in beta) is a user-friendly interface that allows the user to run scenarios from within the Global Model Workstation. Scenarios include our baseline forecast and a number of potential global risks for the world economy that are regularly generated by our economists using our Global Economic Model. The tool also allows you to upload and run your own custom scenarios.
Regular and event-driven scenarios are available for users to run, and are refreshed each month to reflect the latest key risks to the global economy and major countries. Our economists provide analysis that highlights key assumptions and gives an overview of the scenario dynamics.
The Global Scenarios Workstation is the first step in a series of changes that we are making to our Model software. Future releases will include simplifying steps for the end user to adjust variables, the ability to quickly generate scenarios, and richer presentational outputs.
How the Global Scenarios Workstation helps you:
- Quick access to our alternative forecasts within the Global Model Workstation.
- Create worksheets that are consistent with your own workflow, taking advantage of Excel’s sophisticated charting and graphing functionality.
- Intuitive interface to run scenarios within the Global Economic Model, and access summary Excel tables.
- Access to summary analysis of drivers for alternate scenarios.
- You always have quick access to the most recent set of forecasts and scenarios.
Using the tool
If you subscribe to our Global Economic Model, you already have access to the tool. Simply install the latest version of the Global Economic Model software to access the scenarios interface.
Global Scenarios Workstation
Run scenarios directly within the Global Model Workstation