Global Industry Databank
Consistent data, forecasts, and scenarios on over 100 sectors across 74 countries, the Eurozone, and 15 trading blocs
A complete suite of industry forecasts and scenarios with data by country and by industry, the Global Industry Databank makes use of our integrated global models so that all data are fully consistent with our world macroeconomic outlook. The web-based databank offers powerful charting and analytical capabilities, together with full source description and the date of the most recent update. Industrial sectors are organised by NACE (revision 2) categories.
What the service includes
- Extensive databank. For each country, we cover 85 goods-producing industries, 15 service sectors, and other relevant series, such as car and truck production and registration, stock of cars on the road, and investment in equipment and other assets.
- Broad coverage of the world's most important developed and emerging markets. Forecasts are produced using our Global Economic Model, the most widely-used forecasting framework. This ensures that all forecasts are consistent across countries, regions, trading blocs, and the world.
- Scenario analysis. Implications of key risk events developed by our Global Scenarios Service can now be analysed across all sectors of the economy and countries. For ease of use, the data can be queried by scenario (to compare the relative impact of a given risk event on a broad cross-section of sectors) or by industry (to compare the relative magnitude across multiple risk scenarios for one or more sectors.
- Regular updates. The service is updated each quarter with our new baseline forecast, and looks ahead to 2050 with historical data back to 1980.
Software and support
- Advanced analytical functions. Our web-based databank allows users to quickly build custom queries and view data in tables, dashboards, charts, or maps with full export as an image or to Excel.
- Precise forecasting methodology. Our industry forecasts are derived from our global economic and industry models. Our Global Industry Model forecasts output across industries from our latest monthly economic global forecasts.
- Economist support. We provide full client support to answer questions about our data or forecasts.
Request a free trial
Please fill out the form below, and we will be in touch.