Market trends and the outlook for travel and the economy around the world
The most comprehensive dataset of its kind, the Global Travel Service includes travel and economic activity for 190 countries. The user-friendly interface provides access to detailed information on traveler origins, destinations, purpose of trip, visitor spending, and mode of travel.
The database includes almost thirty years of historical data and 10-year forecasts based on the tested Oxford Economics global macroeconomic model. GTS users can conduct extensive global market analysis in minutes, complete with tables, charts, and maps.
What the Service includes
- Extensive databank. The service includes over 100,000 indicators of tourism activity, including details purpose of trip, nights, model of travel, and visitor spending with detail for every major origin and destination pair across 190 countries.
- Detailed forecasts of travel and macroeconomic drivers. Ten-year forecasts are developed based on the Oxford Economics economic outlook—the most widely used global economic model in the world. The database is updated three times per year with the latest travel data and key economic drivers.
Software and support
- Advanced analytical functions. Our web-based databank allows users to quickly build custom queries with complete flexibility and visualize the data in tables, charts, and maps. Searches can be saved for future reference and downloaded quickly to Excel and Adobe formats, and even shown on a heat map.
- Economist support. We provide full client support to answer questions about our data or forecasts.
Global Travel provides hundreds of indicators for each destination, including:
- Price indicators—inflation, interest rates, and exchange rates.
- Travel spending—inbound, outbound, and domestic spending by purpose
- Visits—destination forecasts by trip purpose and mode of transportation
- Departures—number of trips taken, by each origin market
- Origin-destination flows—visits and nights across major origin and destination pairs
- Economic and demographic forecasts, the drivers behind the forecast model
Request a free trial
Please fill out the form below, and we will be in touch.