The service provides data and forecasts for 286 cities and 30 provinces, along with relevant national totals.
China Cities Service
Quarterly updated data and forecasts for Chinese cities and provinces.
Our recently expanded China Cities Service now provides quarterly updated data and long-term forecasts for cities and provinces in China. The forecasts are delivered via an online databank and supported by our team of city experts. Clients also receive invitations to webinars and access to summary reports. Our forecasts are consistent with our global economic and industry projections, as well as those for other cities globally.
What the Service Includes
A broad range of economic, labour market, demographic, income, and consumer spending indicators are provided for each location.
The data and forecasts, which go back at least 20 years, and go out to 2035, are updated four times per year.
Our online databank, API, and data feed services allow you to access the data and forecasts quickly and seamlessly integrate them with your internal systems. The system supports custom queries and delivers the results via spreadsheets, charts, tables, dashboards, and maps.
The forecasts are accompanied by an overview report and individual summary reports for major cities. And our team of city specialists is available to answer any questions about our data and forecasts.
1. Confidence. In a world full of uncertainties, you can count on us to give you the insight you need to move forward with confidence. All our analysis and forecasts are derived from a mutually and internally consistent set of global economic, industry, and city models.
2. Better decisions, faster. We forecast over 7000 locations around the globe in all continents. Our city and regional forecasts are updated frequently based on the latest information. Our forecasts will allow you to make the best decisions concerning resource allocation, portfolio management and locational optimisation.
3. A world of knowledge. Access our database of research, forecasts, and scenarios on all aspects of the outlook. Use our range of specialist tools designed to help you manage risk.
4. Insights at your finger tips. Available 24/7 via our online portal or delivered by email, access our databanks, models, chartbooks and reports to find the most efficient way to benefit from our content. Our economists are available to support you and answer questions on our forecasts and can also help with bespoke projects.
Our Chinese Cities Service now includes 286 Prefecture and Provincial-level cities, 30 Provinces, as well as national aggregates. A full list of locations included in the service can be found here.
Historical annual data and forecasts are available for a broad range of indicators, including:
- GDP, total and for 18 sectors
- Employment, total and for 18 sectors, and unemployment
- Population, total and for 5-year age cohorts
- Household income, and the distribution of households across 13 income bands
- Consumer spending, total and for 43 products and services, and retail sales
A full list of indicators for each location, including the sector, income and spending detail can be found here.
Software and support
- Global Data Workstation. This web-based application allows
users to access our online databanks. The user can select
locations and variables of interest, determine the time period, choose levels or growth rates, and view the results in charts, tables and maps. Searches can be saved for future reference and downloaded as a spreadsheet or image.
- Excel Data Workstation. This is a simple but powerful add-in for accessing data from Oxford Economics directly within Excel.
- Economist support. Our team of city specialists is available to answer any questions about our data and forecasts.
Regularly updated forecasts for 42 important locations across Asia Pacific.
Request a free trial
Please fill out the form below, and we will be in touch.