Regularly updated data and forecasts for more than 300 Chinese locations
With the Chinese economy facing new challenges, the need to monitor economic development below the national level has never been greater. We provide data for the economies of 286 cities and 30 provinces (or their equivalents) across China, based on official data from reputable sources.
These quarterly updated forecasts, which are consistent with our global economic and industry projections, cover key macroeconomic, labour-market, industry and consumer variables. The forecasts are accompanied by a written analysis of trends.
What the service includes
- Coverage of 30 provinces and 286 cities. The service provides comprehensive data and forecasts on two levels of geographical disaggregation, along with the relevant national totals and key financial indicators.
- Extensive data by location. The service provides consistent data and forecasts for output and employment, population, household income, consumer spending and retail sales.
- Quarterly data updates and analysis. Our latest data and forecasts are sent to you every quarter.
- Forecasts to 2035. Starting dates for historical data vary, but provincial data generally go back to the early 1980s, and most city GDP data start in the late 1990s. All forecasts go out to 2035.
Software and support
- Advanced analytical functions. Our web-based databank allows users to quickly build custom queries with complete flexibility and view the data in tables, charts, and maps. Numbers may be represented as absolutes, percentages, and even differences between time periods. All data are annotated by source, date of update, and analyst. Searches can be saved for later reference and downloaded to Excel.
Economist support. We provide full client support to answer questions about our data or forecasts.