African and Middle Eastern Cities
Forecasts for 102 cities in Africa and 31 business centres in the Middle East
This unparalleled forecasting service measures, tracks, benchmarks, and forecasts economic performance and change in major city locations across the Middle East and Africa, and provides deep insights into evolving income and consumer spending patterns.
The databank offers an annual time series and long-term forecasts to 2035 for key demographic, economic, labour market and industry variables, as well as detailed household income distribution and consumer spending, and aggregate retail sales.
The service is available for all of Africa and the Middle East, or can be split by region:
- 102 cities in 49 countries for Africa as a continent,
- 31 cities in 12 Middle Eastern countries, or
- 18 countries and 53 urban centres in North Africa and the Middle East.
What the service includes
- Comparable forecasts for 133 cities across Africa and the Middle East. Covering the largest cities chosen because of their size, growth potential and market value.
- Deep analysis by location. Consistent annual historic data and forecasts for total GDP and employment, as well as for industries, population, income distribution, consumer spending, and retail sales. Data is produced in both local currency and US dollars terms for comparative analysis of market size and growth.
- Thirty years of historical data and forecasts. The annual data generally refers back to 2000, and the forecast horizon is to 2035.
- Regular updates. To ensure you have the latest information for these dynamic and rapidly changing markets, we update our forecasts once a year. This involves bringing in the latest data, developments in world commodity prices, and latest outlooks for the world economy, which have knock-on impacts to the projections for countries and cities in the service.
Software and support
- Advanced analytical functions. Our web-based databank allows users to quickly build custom queries and view data in tables, dashboards, charts, or maps with full export as an image or to Excel.
- Economist support. We provide full client support to answer questions about our data or forecasts.
Cities and regions subscription services
- African and Middle Eastern Cities Forecasts For 102 Cities In Africa And 32 Business Centres In The Middle East ...more
- Asian Cities And Regional Forecasts Regularly Updated Forecasts For 47 Important Locations Across Asia Pacific ...more
- China Cities Regularly Updated Data And Forecasts For More Than 300 Chinese Locations ...more
- European Cities Regularly Updated Data And Forecasts For 2,000 Locations In Europe ...more
- Latin American Cities Forecasts For Key Economic, Labor Market And Industry Variables For Major Business Centres In Latin America ...more
- North American Metro Service Data And Forecasts For All States, Provinces, And Key Metro Areas ...more
- UK Regional Forecasts Data And Forecasts For All States, Provinces, And Key Metro Areas ...more
- UK Local Forecasts Data And Forecasts For 391 Local Authority Districts ...more
- Global City Reports Detailed Analysis And Long-Term Analysis Of Forecast Trends For 113 Locations In North America, Europe, And Asia ...more
Request a free trial
Please fill out the form below, and we will be in touch.