Africa Forecasting Service
The most detailed view of Africa's economic prospects
Our Africa services provide a comprehensive analysis of immediate and long term prospects that will benefit organisations monitoring risks or opportunities for their investments or operations in the continent.
Subscribers can receive access to detailed country reports, event-driven analysis and commentary, risk assessment, country models, and deep forecast databanks for national and city economies. All forecasts are produced by our experienced Africa-based team of economists and analysts, using our Global Economic Model which ensures internal consistency and accuracy.
The service provides a comprehensive view of national and city economies with event-driven commentary on economic and political events, that will benefit organisations monitoring risks or opportunities to their investments or operations in Africa. It can include the following:
- Country reports and data. Each quarter’s significant economic, political and financial market developments for 30 countries, with further analysis for 25 countries, supported by comprehensive forecast data and history for all African countries, looking ahead to 2050.
- Events-driven analysis. Daily commentary on Africa's important economic and political events, and insight into drivers of trading in African markets.
- Country models. We recently expanded our Global Economic Model to cover 80 countries, including 13 major African economies. Our new Global Model Extension can expand this coverage, with 35 additional proxy models.
- City Forecasts. Consistent annual historic data and forecasts for total GDP and employment, as well as for industries, population, income distribution, consumer spending, and retail sales for 102 cities across 49 countries.
- Economist contact. Contact our economists directly to discuss our analysis.
Local knowledge and expertise
South Africa-based NKC African Economics, an Oxford Economics company, has a strong reputation for independence and quality, and employs a highly qualified team of economists, econometricians, quantitative analysts, political analysts, and editors. All are experts in their field and have decades of experience in covering Africa, ensuring that insights are provided within the context of comprehensive knowledge of the African continent, its history, and each country’s unique political and economic setting.
Custom Africa projects
Our economists are skilled at applying our advanced economic tools—from economic impact analysis to cost-benefit modelling and social return on investment—to provide valuable insights to inform both development strategies for policymakers and investment strategies for corporations.
- Analysis of market opportunities, such as export markets in Africa.
- Assessment of a country’s economic development strenghts, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Economic modelling, forecasting and scenario analysis to project future trends and their impacts.
- Forecasts on the evolution of the Africa consumer.
- Sourcing of industry-specific data or competitive analysis. Strategy sessions and presentations to boards and C-level executives.