Our investment strategy team combines Oxford Economics’ macroeconomic forecasts with their own market expertise to produce asset allocation and investment strategy analysis for multiple asset classes for long-term and tactical investors.
The service builds on three core components to provide analytical views on equities, bonds, credit, and FX:
- The data and analytical capabilities of our Global Economic Model, which provides a rigorous and consistent structure for forecasting and scenario analysis.
- The unmatched expertise of our team of 200 full-time economists, who monitor and analyse macroeconomic data, events, emerging trends, and policy changes for over 200 countries and regions.
- Our focus on deep, quantitative analysis using metrics such as fundamental valuation models, long-horizon expected returns, and a wide variety of bespoke analytics for thematic research.
What the service includes:
- Asset Allocation. Monthly reviews of our asset allocation views looking ahead 12 months. Published in four separate reports for cross-asset strategy, equity strategy, fixed income strategy, and FX strategy.
- Macro strategy themes. Regular in-depth analysis of a single current issue that is relevant for investors, and provides high-conviction tactical views, both directional and relative value.
Invitation to events. Regular events and webinars to review our views and discuss forecasts and drivers. Economist contact. Contact our strategy team directly to discuss our analysis.
- Developed Markets: US, UK, Japan, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Canada, Australia.
- Emerging Markets: Turkey, Russia, Poland, South Africa, China, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, Brazil, Mexico.
- Frontier Markets: Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Egypt, Nigeria, Lebanon, GCC.
Our investment strategy team
Gaurav Saroliya, PhD, Director of Macro Strategy
Gaurav has many years of experience spanning academic research, active portfolio management and multi-asset investment strategy, and previously worked at State Street Global Advisors, UBP Asset Management, Lloyds and UniCredit.
Prior to joining Oxford Economics, he was senior macro strategist at Lombard Street Research. Through a string of highly non-consensus calls in fixed income, FX and equities, he delivered a highly successful thematic macro-strategy research product to Lombard’s clients.
Nafez Zouk, Global Macro Strategist
A global emerging markets specialist, Nafez is in charge of setting and channeling the in-house macro view on EMs into strategy calls. He joined Oxford Economics from the EBRD, where he provided macro and policy analysis for EMEA, after spending time in Washington D.C. covering emerging Middle Eastern economies at the Institute of International Finance (IIF).
Ajani Sivapalan, Macro Strategist
Ajani is a macro-equity strategist. She has a particular focus on quantitative expected-returns frameworks for strategic and tactical asset allocation. Before joining Oxford Economics, she was a Senior Investment Analyst at City Financial Investment company working alongside macro and equity portfolio managers and building investment analytics.
Michiel Tukker, Macro Strategist
Michiel joined Oxford Economics as a graduate macro strategist in September 2017 on the strategy team. He has completed a Master’s in Financial Economics from Oxford University. He is focused on developing strategy analytics for global fixed income markets.
Request a free trial
Macro Strategy Service
Asset allocation and investment analysis