Economics research Assistant (Singapore)
We are currently seeking a high-calibre research assistant for our expanding Asia macroeconomics team to be based in our Singapore office. We offer a rewarding work environment with room for career progression and a competitive salary.
- Strong academic education in economics – a graduate qualification is essential
- Strong interest in practical research on macroeconomic issues relevant to corporations and financial institutions
- Ability to work effectively with teams across different offices and respect tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Proficiency in excel and willingness to learn other software packages and programming tools, eg Eviews
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – fluency in English is required
- Support the Head of Asia Economics and senior Asia economists by collecting and organising data, preparing charts and tables, and producing presentations
- Assist in the production of in-depth analysis pieces on broad macroeconomic themes related to the region or individual economies
- Ensure timely data updates ahead of the macroeconomic forecast cycle
- Help with regular economic forecast reports for one or two Asian economies
- Demonstrate Oxford Economics’ products to clients and prospective clients
- Perform other duties as requested
How to apply?
To be considered, please submit your resume (or CV) and cover letter detailing your interest in this opportunity. Please send applications to email@example.com and state the position you are applying for. Qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps in the process. We look forward to receiving your application!
The closing date is Monday 27th November but applications will be considered as they are received.
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics is a leading economic consultancy firm. Founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college, we have since become one of the world’s foremost economic consulting firms. The company is engaged in two main areas of activity. One is our highly respected global macroeconomic and industry forecasting services, which the successful candidate would join. The other is our bespoke consultancy service, answering specific economic questions with rigorous analysis on behalf of a diverse range of international clients.
Headquartered in Oxford, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, we employ over 300 full-time people, including more than 200 professional economists, industry experts and business editors. Our worldwide client base now comprises over 1000 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanks.