We are currently seeking a high-calibre Economist/Senior Economist for our expanding LatAm macroeconomics team to be based in our London head office. We offer a rewarding work environment with room for growth and a competitive salary, including a performance-related bonus.
- Strong academic education in economics with a postgraduate qualification in economics, finance or related fields from a reputable academic institution
- Strong interest in practical research on macroeconomic issues relevant to corporations and financial institutions
- Ability to work effectively with teams across different offices in the USA and in Europe and respect tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working in macroeconomic research for buy or sell-side, consultancies, central banks or think-tanks is essential. Previous experience covering Argentina or Mexico is highly desirable
- Proficiency in Spanish is required
- Candidates must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK.
- Responsible for the macroeconomic forecast of a number of Latin American economies, using Oxford Economics’ proprietary Global Economic Model
- Write regular economic forecast reports for several LatAm economies
- Assist in the production of in-depth analysis pieces on broad macroeconomic themes related to the LatAm region or individual economies
- Produce economic commentaries on high frequency economic data releases, monetary policy decisions and political developments
- Ensure timely data updates ahead of the macroeconomic forecast cycle
- Support the Head of LatAm Macro Services and other senior economists by collecting and organising data, producing presentations and presenting the findings of his/her research both internally and to clients in a clear and effective manner
- Demonstrate Oxford Economics’ products to clients and prospective clients
- Respond to client queries in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as requested
How to apply?
To be considered, please submit your resume (or CV) and cover letter detailing your interest in this opportunity. Please send applications to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps in the process. We look forward to receiving your application.