Global Model Workstation: dashboards
The Global Model Workstation now includes a new dashboard feature. When you create a scenario with the Oxford Global Economic Model, you can now view the impacts on the economic outlook through a series of chart visualisations at the click of a button.
How the dashboard function helps you
- Instantly create a set of charts for key indicators for each of the 46 economies in the model.
View charts for the Oxford baseline forecast, scenarios, or custom forecasts, and run comparisons between data sets.
Adjust charts to show different measurements and customise how data are displayed.
Download individual charts for use in presentations and other applications.
How to access the dashboardsIf you are a Global Economic Model subscriber, you already have access to the dashboards, which are automatically installed in the Global Model Workstation (GMW) when you update the software. To update your Model software either download the new version from the Model pages in My Oxford (login required), or click "Help" then "Check for updates" within the Global Model Workstation.
- Under "View and download data", select your model input database file (.db) and click "Launch".
- From the resulting data selection tool, click on "Dashboards" in the menu to launch the dashboard screen.
2. Load a scenario to compare to the baseline.
- Under "Run a scenario", click on the data file you want to view and click "Launch" to open the Global Scenarios Workstation.
- Select the scenario you want to analyse.
- Choose your input database file (.db), and click "Solve". "Show dashoard in GMW" which will already be selected.
- Once the model has solved, click "OK" to display the dashboards.
To load your own scenario for comparison with the baseline, simply click on the "Add" tile in the header of the dashboard page and select your output file.
How to use the dashboards
The dashboard tool is interactive and can be adjusted in a number of ways to change country view, switch between a number of dashboards, and adjust the measurements that are displayed for each chart.
For each country there are five dashboards. To change dashboard, use the drop-down list in the blue bar to select from:
Forecasts/scenario overview (default)
GDP and its components
Inflation and its determinants
Trade and balance of payments
Switch between countries using the "Location" drop-down menu on top right of the screen.
Change the measurements for each chart using the drop-down menu above each image. Depending on the series, data can be shown as percentage y/y or q/q, growth, difference y/y, or level values.